PDA

View Full Version : Senior officers fitness test announced.

Al R
29th Aug 2015, 10:27
It seems it's being trialled first, by Group Captains.

Carol Vorderman 'covered in burns' after naked treadmill fall - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11828448/Carol-Vorderman-covered-in-burns-after-naked-treadmill-fall.html)

Medic!

Courtney Mil
29th Aug 2015, 10:52
Yeah, she sent me a copy of the video a few days ago. It looked a bit painful, but the burns didn't look too bad.

Al R
29th Aug 2015, 10:54
I'm sure you would have attended most diligently.

CoffmanStarter
29th Aug 2015, 11:43
Athletics Anonymous - if you have a sudden urge to commit sport, you phone up a mate who talks you into going to the pub instead ...

Clearly she doesn't have BEagle's mobile number :E

Wrathmonk
29th Aug 2015, 12:24
Originally posted by CoffmanStarter
Clearly she doesn't have BEagle's mobile number

Making a huge assumption there that BEagle has one of those new yoof-tech-things such as a mobile. Carrier pigeon perhaps ;)

DX Wombat
29th Aug 2015, 13:12
Or a small boy with a cleft stick. ;)

chopper2004
29th Aug 2015, 13:34
As this is a relatively delicate subject, should we not tread :E:cool: very carefully.

I'm just saying its truth, the whole truth and nothing but the naked truth :)

Cheers

NutLoose
29th Aug 2015, 13:40
Someone needs to explain what mufti actually means.. :E

Still it brings a new meaning to exercising in ones mufti.

BEagle
29th Aug 2015, 17:05
Of course I would volunteer to kiss anything better, which might need such treatment? Having only met Carol once, she was an utterly delightful person with whom to chat!

Making a huge assumption there that BEagle has one of those new yoof-tech-things such as a mobile.

How very dare you! I've had cellphones since getting back from Gulf War 1, I'll have you know. Panasonic 'E' series in the car back in analogue days, then a Nokia 2110, followed by a couple of Motorola Timeports ( :( ) and ultimately a Nokia 6310i - which has served me well for the past 13 years!

But I don't own a 'smartphone' or any iToy.....

It was quite amusing in the early days of GSM. Land somewhere downroute and call Ar$ecoat Ops direct, rather than faffing with "Artichoke, Aaaaargh-ti-choke.....". Several trails were also sorted through lending my spivphone to the AARC, so that he could call direct rather than getting snarled up in some obscure, barely functioning military phone system.....

Anyway, back to thoughts of soothing Carol's bruises....;)

NutLoose
29th Aug 2015, 17:59
And here was I thinking your idea of a mobile was plugging the VC10's phone in on different pans.

Lima Juliet
29th Aug 2015, 18:50
Naked senior officer fitness tests with Vorders - I'm in!

Just make sure the gym is heated, wouldn't want to embarass myself if it's too chilly...:ooh:

BEags, you are relieved of nursie kiss-it-better duty! :ok:

Above The Clouds
29th Aug 2015, 19:07
Holy sh*t, I now have a picture in my head that I cannot get rid of. :uhoh:

4mastacker
29th Aug 2015, 19:35
Why would you want to get rid of it? :E

Corporal Clott
29th Aug 2015, 19:56
Stacker

You must really be a deviant if you fancy watching BEagle kissing Leon better! :yuk:

CPL Clott

4mastacker
29th Aug 2015, 20:46
Ooops. I thought ATC was talking about the sight of Miss Vorderman doing her fitness thing. Must get down to specsavers.

Corporal Clott
29th Aug 2015, 20:55
Other opticians are available...:ok:

langleybaston
1st Sep 2015, 13:37
Is it not a touch retentive to be able to recall name rank and number of old phones?
Or am I just jealous of the ability?
As for skippynudy exercise the wobbly bits usually demand some form of control to avoid runaway amplification. So I am told.

teeteringhead
1st Sep 2015, 13:44
One is inevitably reminded of a theatre critic's words commenting on naked dancing in "Hair" or "Oh Calcutta" or similar.

The problem is: when the music stops, not everything else does!

Herod
1st Sep 2015, 14:56
"Eee Lass; wear a sports bra. Thas'll have thine eye out else"

NutLoose
1st Sep 2015, 21:01
You would have thought she would have taken some precautions, she could have put the rhag up to prevent her overshooting :}

brokenlink
1st Sep 2015, 22:54
Looking on the bright side its going to do wonders for interest levels in 1st Aid Training for the cadets!

O-P
2nd Sep 2015, 00:52
OK, she has a nice boat race...but a huge ar$e.

Just trying to get...no, sorry.

TheChitterneFlyer
2nd Sep 2015, 07:47
BEagle probably has a Vordaphone!

CoffmanStarter
2nd Sep 2015, 08:32
Clearly this is a classic example of 'Simple Harmonic Motion' with a restoring elastic force which obeys Hooke's law :}

Al R
2nd Sep 2015, 11:25
@23

Class. :ok:

JointShiteFighter
3rd Sep 2015, 07:43
Intriguing.... ;)

BEagle
3rd Sep 2015, 10:19
CoffmanStarter, the dynamics of this event are more complex than mere simple harmonic motion; equally Hooke's Law doesn't really apply to tension in more than one plane.

There is also the coefficient of restitution to consider:

The coefficent of restitution is a measure of the "bounciness" of a collision between two objects: how much of the kinetic energy remains for the objects to rebound from one another vs. how much is lost as heat, or work done deforming the objects.
:ooh:

CoffmanStarter
3rd Sep 2015, 10:31
BEagle ... I just knew you couldn't resist replying to that one :D :ok:

Haraka
3rd Sep 2015, 11:32
Yup Coff,
Beags demonstrating the benefits of four years :zzz: at university at the taxpayers' expense..........

Rossian
4th Sep 2015, 14:39
........what do you mean she has a "huge" arse?

She has a magnificent arse - as HenryVIII said of one of his ladies, "an arse to build a kingdom on". (and if he didn't he should have).

The Ancient Mariner

sittingstress
4th Sep 2015, 15:17
I spent some time with the fragrant Ms Vorderman and agree with BEags, she is a very pleasant lady indeed.

Consequently I will not have you oafs making snide comments about the future Mrs Stress. Outside now, Coffman first and TankerTrashNav last as he was a Rock and will require a modicum of effort to bring to tears :)

BEagle is excused being bashed as I know the mere thought of indulging in jockstrappery will make him offer his apologies.

Have at you bounders.

CoffmanStarter
4th Sep 2015, 15:46
... the future Mrs Stress ...

Hello Sittingstress ...

Those red anti-delusional pills you currently take ... I'd move on to the stronger yellow ones if I were you old chap :}

Cheers ... :ok: