PDA

View Full Version : BT.com

radeng
29th Aug 2015, 07:36
I have an email address @bt.com and since about 1300 on the 28th, I cannot access even bt.com, let alone the e-mail. Every other site is accessed as usual. Is this me or does anyone else have a problem accessing Broadband, TV, phone, home & business (http://www.bt.com?)

ericlday
29th Aug 2015, 07:52
Works OK for me radeng

barry lloyd
29th Aug 2015, 08:09
I have had a problem with this every day recently, although this morning I did get in at the first attempt. I am seriously considering changing my supplier. As you say, I do not have this problem with other sites, but BT in its usual arrogant fashion has said nothing. I can't be bothered calling their Indian call centre and holding on for 20 minutes, but not being able to enter their website is frustrating.

Keef
29th Aug 2015, 08:11
Works OK for me. It redirects me to home.bt.com which may be significant.

Bushfiva
29th Aug 2015, 08:30
Have you checked the service status at https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=2 ? You may want to check if your area code is in one of the several problem areas. (Sorry, that's as close as I can get to the fault list without getting a session ID in the URL)

radeng
29th Aug 2015, 09:51
I spent some time going through internet explorer settings and resetting things, and that has cured it. The strange (to my mind) thing is that it was only BT that it wouldn't connect to.

Is it trying to tell me something?

Previously I was with Orange. They are now EE for 'Everything Everywhere' and should be 'NA' for 'Nothing Anywhere'. A totally useless bunch of idiots, and in the case of their Indian 'help' centre, stupid liars.

dazdaz1
29th Aug 2015, 14:21
"Previously I was with Orange. They are now EE for 'Everything Everywhere'" not quite...

Pay as you go customers (Orange) still have to purchase top-ups by requesting Orange. Orange top-ups are 12 digit numbers to top up. EE is a 16 digit top up code.

The two companies are still separate although one imagines they have amalgamated. For example, Orange still support the old fsmail dot com.

It's all very confusing.

Nervous SLF
30th Aug 2015, 07:29
Many many years ago when I worked for Post Office Telephones we tried our utmost to help our "subscribers" as
they were known then.