They are advertising 100% sponsorship at

stolport
16th Jun 2002, 08:14
sorry...

http://www.visionaviation.co.uk

IRRenewal
16th Jun 2002, 08:32
Do I understabd this correct?

The anticipated sponsored flight training will only be confirmed once enough candidates complete the registration by paying for the selection process. The number of registered candidates will be capped when the revenue is sufficient to cover the costs of the course on offer and the testing days. Our intention is to objectively select one candidate per offer. We will not ask for any repayment for the cost of flight training. Candidates will be confirmed of exact dates and times of testing after the final registration, in the unlikely event that VisionAviationUK decline the offer after the final registration the candidates will be notified by email and refunded the cost of registration.

Get 150 wannabes to pay 100 pound each for 737 type rating selection. Select one, pay for course at 10K, keep 5K yourself.

Not bad

Regards

distaff_beancounter
16th Jun 2002, 10:35
So, in essence, is this just another version of the MALGUS scheme?

jonathang
16th Jun 2002, 12:45
Just a little info the domain was regsitered 4 days ago..

-----------------------------------

62.31.64.2 checked - visionaviation.co.uk

Registered For: Internet West LTD

Domain Registered By: VIRTUALISP

Registered on 12th-June-2002.

Domain servers listed in order:

NS0.VIRTUALISP.CO.UK 195.82.104.20 NS1.VIRTUALISP.CO.UK 195.82.104.21
NS2.VIRTUALISP.CO.UK 195.82.104.23

WHOIS database last updated at 23:52:02 15-Jun-2002

registrations in the co.uk, org.uk, net.uk, ltd.uk, plc.uk,sch.uk and me.uk second-level domains.

Report Search at 13:36:51 GMT on 16/6/2002 - By internic.co.uk

---------------------------

Reg No.:03755414
Name:VISION AVIATION LIMITED
Registered Office:
85 BOLTON ROAD
MAIDENBOWER
CRAWLEY
WEST SUSSEX RH10 7LR
Post Code:RH10 7LR
Incorporated:21/04/1999
Latest Accounts:Not Filed
Annual Returns:Not Filed

Services available for this company

Click the product title below to purchase
To view a sample and description click below
Corporate Analysis Level III Report at
£40.00 (+ VAT @ 17.5% = £47.00)
Sample and description
Company Credit Profile Report at £18.00 (+VAT @ 17.5% = £21.15)
Sample and description

This report was generated from basic information filed at Companies House

-----------------------------------

JonathanG

scroggs
16th Jun 2002, 13:20
Sounds to me like a Gatwick-based pilot who's read all about Malgus on here and decided he'll have some of that! There's nothing to suggest that this scheme's not in any way what it claims to be, but make sure you go in with your eyes open and, like any other form of gambling, treat the money as lost unless you hear otherwise.

Taxidriver
16th Jun 2002, 15:17
ttttttttttttttttttttt

Taxidriver
16th Jun 2002, 15:18
Sorry. Mistake. Finger trouble. Wrong Forum

distaff_beancounter
17th Jun 2002, 08:36
I have just had a quick potter around Companies House Direct, online.

The Vision Aviation website, says that the company's name is Vision Aviation UK Ltd. There is no such company registered.

As jonathang above found, there was a company called Vision Aviation Ltd No. 3755414, but this was DISSOLVED on 25/07/2000, without ever filing any accounts or Annual Returns. That, of itself, is not suspicious, as many companies are "voluntarily struck off" by Companies House, if they have never traded, & do not intend to.

A new company, Vision Aviation Ltd No. 4445856 was incorporated on 23/05/2002. At present its Registered Office is still at the address of the formation agents, & its Secretary & Directors are nominee companies of the formation agents. That would indicate to me, that this company has not probably yet been activated or started trading.

(The only other Vision Aviation Ltd that I could find, was No. 2187551 also dissolved, on 04/05/1993.)

So, anyway, there is no financial track record available, for any Vision Aviation Ltd or Vision Aviation UK Ltd, at Companies House, that I could find. But if anyone else has any info, I will look further.

timzsta
17th Jun 2002, 19:37
In my opinion the only sponsorships worth applying for are those in association with an airline. Those that are not do not seem to have the best reputation, or much of a guarantee of a job after training. If it aint with an airline boycott it.

Fidel
18th Jun 2002, 10:29
Just had a look at the website, I think its a step in the right direction with regard to the selection process. It says it tests your knowledge of aviation, which is a godsend for me since I am completely hopeless at IQ tests, I´ll be on the list when it comes to the other CPL modular courses up for grabs.

FL000
19th Jun 2002, 19:43
Just had a look on the website it looks like alot better odds than any other sponsorship on offer, if they say there going to cap the applicants at 140. Does anyone know if you have to have a certain ammount of hours before you can sit the theory exams?:)

WO
19th Jun 2002, 22:08
I live in Crawley, and it's definetly a residential address. I agree with Scroggs, it sounds like a pilot after easy £££

WO

InFinRetirement
20th Jun 2002, 00:08
Well, our wannabes can't say they don't have some of the best advice available.

My first re-action to this was exactly the same scroggs. It still is.

The cap is 140 people. That is £14,000. The claim is that their training is costed at £10,800 + VAT = £12,690. But no training will take place until they have ALL the participants - well that's a simple piece of arithmatic too. I wonder? How can they charge VAT - they won't be VAT registered with that projected turnover! Ummm.

You have to have at least a PPL - well that's about 45 hours.

That money is to pay for your ATPL/CPL "theory course" etc., And they don't cost £12k+........oh I have had enough of this.

Steer clear peoples. It IS another Malgus and it cannot work in YOUR favour. The figures are too highly suspect. But I bet there will be some who give this guy some money. Your priveledge - as always.

distaff_beancounter
20th Jun 2002, 08:04
IFR... Well, we can all add our advice & warnings, but one of the joys of growing older, is to have one's advice totally ignored. :D

On the question of VAT, a business that has a turnover >£55.000 pa, MUST register. But one with a tunover of less may register, if it wishes. Usually a business will decide to register on the basis of its estimated turnover, for its first year of trading.

That leads me on to, which "Vision Aviation Ltd" are we talking about?

As I posted above, there is no such company as Vision Aviation UK Ltd, the name given on the website. For the name Vision Aviation Ltd (without the UK), 2 such companies have been dissolved & therefore cease to exist. The latest Vison Aviation Ltd that has been formed, on 25/05/02, has apparently not yet been activated, & is still with its formation agents.

So who/what/where, and indeed WHY, is collecting the £100 contributions? :confused:

distaff_beancounter
20th Jun 2002, 08:19
Just checked my facts, to avoid PPRuNe rules on defamation, & I therefore have an amendment to my last post.

This is hot off the press!

VISIONAVIATION (UK) LIMITED No. 4464320 was registered at Companies House, YESTERDAY (19/06/02)

Its Registered Office is:-

1st Cert
Olympic House
17-19 Whitchurch Street West
Manchaster
Lanchaster
M1 5WG

Directors:

1st Cert Formations Ltd , and
Reportaction Ltd

both directors have, the same address as the Registered Office, which I understand, is the office address of the formation agents.

Delta Wun-Wun
20th Jun 2002, 08:25
Look...This is the last time I will make the offer.If you all send me £50 I will guarentee that every last penny is used to obtain a professional pilot`s licence.Not one penny will be used for admin,it will all go to my....err...pilot training.:D :D :rolleyes: :D

distaff_beancounter
20th Jun 2002, 13:00
AMS

I agree with your views entirely, about running a new company from a home address. Many large public companies started that way. For VisionAviation (UK) Ltd, WHERE Is that address, & WHO are the people behind it?

Why is there no postal address, telephone/fax numbers or names of directors, on the website?

You say "You can legally challenge them as they are registered company". What does that mean, please, in respect of a company that so far, is apparently just a Certificate of Incorporation, in a formation agents' office?

scroggs did not advice people not to subsribe, he merely suggested that you treat is as any other from of gambling. My thoughts exactly.

It may well be that for a spare £100, it is a better bet that the gee-gees, or the National Lottery. Indeed, if we take the website at its face value, then at odds of 140:1 it looks a fair bet, for anyone who has £100 to gamble.

BUT, if something looks too good to be true ...............

InFinRetirement
20th Jun 2002, 17:01
AMS

Two points.

PPRuNe is here for the benefit of all the aviation community, as well as others who are obviously interested in aviation. The wealth of talent on PPRuNe is available to all at no charge. All advice from those of us who have both run airlines and flown is available at no charge.

So, WE as in the royal we, feel that we have to guide those who have not yet stepped on the commercial ladder. Some of us like scroggs, WWW and myself, and others, feel that we should be available to offer our experience to those who may otherwise get caught up in a scam, which we have all seen more than just a couple of times.

And as the PPRuNe Fund administrator let me put you right about the cadet scheme. Your figures are all back to front, and you have gone off half cocked.

The fund paid for the interviewing process.

The fund paid for sim training, £2300, and got half of it back.

The cadets had to put in £6000 each which was to sustain them over the next 6 months. So they all get their own money back at the rate of £1000 per month to ensure that their training would never suffer. I administer the standing order arrangements

Astraeus pays each cadet £500 a month as an accommodation allownace for a period of six months. Again I administer the standing order arrangements.

At the end of 6 months Astraeus may invite any or all of the cadets to join the company under contract, and thus draw a full salary from them.

Astraeus in the current meantime are spending a vast amount of money in giving each cadet a B737 type rating. At no charge! Get that - NO charge. The cadets are blissfully happy with this arrangement I can assure you.

When the cadets are in full time employment they have agreed to pay a 'gratitude' payment of £3000 to the PPRuNe Fund over a period of three years - or roughly £100 a month. For helping them get a start. But the real benefit has come from Astraeus.

But, the PPRuNe Fund then, is better off by £15,000 because it helped 5 cadets get a job.

I have no wish to embarrass you. But it is unfortunate that the sums get confused, and conclusions are drawn that are so far from the truth that they must be put right.

It's your maths that are wrong. As you can clearly see. But my maths in this latest attempt to encourage our wannabes to part with their money are right.

It is our duty, as elders in the aviation community, to point out the pitfalls and dangers our esteemed wannabes can be drawn into. If then, they decide to ignore the advice. I and those like me can put our hand on our hearts and say "well, we have given them guidance. The rest is up to them."

We all, of course, wish you luck in all that you do. Just be aware and be very very cautious. As distaffB has said "If it's too good to be true......it probably is".

Finally, I can tell you that the Fund will be doing more for the wannabes, giving the ones at bottom of the ladders a chance. This will be in July, so watch this space as I said a few weeks ago.

distaff_beancounter
28th Jun 2002, 10:12
Just had a look in Companies House Direct:-

On 19th June 2002 (but filed 25/06/02) both of the nominee Directors & the nominee Company Secretary, resigned.

No appointments of any other Directors or Secretary, have been filed yet.

To be legal, a company must have at least one Director, plus a Company Secretary, & a sole Director cannot be the Company Secretary.

On 25th June 2002, the company's Registered Office was changed, from the formation agents' office to :-

Flat 2
103 King Charles Road
SURBITON
Surrey
KT5 8PG

Fidel
28th Jun 2002, 10:50
Hey distaff
I was just thinking with all the money and time you have spent chasing up the details of Vision Aviation you could have used that towards one of the offers.

distaff_beancounter
28th Jun 2002, 11:24
Fidel

Part of my "day job" is financial investigations, for which I have an online account with Companies House Direct. So I have spent very little time & even less money on providing this information.

In the present climate, Wanabees have to find all their own funding, & I can see that all sorts of "sponsorships" are therefore very attractive. I have not advised anyone, not to apply to VisionAviation, Malgus etc, as it may well be worth gambling £100 - £200. All I am doing, is providing informatiom, that I can probably get far quicker & cheaper, that many other PPRuNers can. Its up to them, what they make of that info. I am not making any one else's decisions for them.

PS I am not so much a "Wanabee", more a "would have liked to have been" if only the CAA would have given me a Class 1 medical certificate ;)

So I have not applied to VisionAviation or Malgus, but I would wish the best of luck to those who have. :)

Wee Weasley Welshman
28th Jun 2002, 12:17
Anyone who sends of cash to such schemes is an interminable idiot.

And that is my final word.