PDA

View Full Version : Enac

Paramac
16th Jun 2002, 07:13
Can anybody give me the correct contact details for the Italain CAA. I would like to know who exactly it is I need to speak to with regard to Pilot licence issue.

Perhaps some one else has information regarding the conversion of an FAA ATP to the Italian equivelent. I would really like to hear from anyone that has been down this road.

Thanks

Off road
16th Jun 2002, 07:29
Have a look on the following website:

www.helikopter.li

There should be a link to the Italian CAA

Cheers
Off road:)

AYR521
16th Jun 2002, 08:46
For this issue you can try to contact Mrs Casalini +39 06/5484612 or Mr Cimaglia +39 06/5484611 in Rome

pinguino
16th Jun 2002, 10:31
o.k.
sono stato istruito a consentire anche post in inglese purche' ovviamente relativi all'aviazione professionale, per cui ignorate quello che avevo scritto prima e scusate
ciao a tutti.

erjdriver
20th Jun 2002, 17:58
I'm in the same boat. Fact is that you cannot get an Italian ATP, just a CPL (no biggy, though).
It's a relatively simple process, but the waiting is veeeery long.
Here's what you need:
1. Send in to Civilavia a request to sit the exams for the CPL (there is a standard paper for that, but I guess you have to go to Rome in order to get it)
2. Have your medical done in Milan (Istituto Medico Legale)..you have to send it in with the paper above
3. Wait...and wait...and wait...

No need to go thu groundschool, but you'll have to fly a couple of hours with a CFI so you can get reccomended for the checkride.

Simple, isn' t it.

Point is, can Civilavia still issue you a national license?
I'm going for the JAA route which, in my case, is as easy as a national license.

PEACE

pinguino
21st Jun 2002, 06:47
NO!
I'm almost sure Civilavia (aka ENAC=italian CAA) can't issue national licence any more but they still did not passed the jaa audit so they still can't issue "true" jaa licences which are recognized by other jaa countries, so (I suppose) they also don't recognize jaa licences issued by other jaa country . What they are doing at the moment is issuing some kind of "provisional" jaa lincences which are valid only in Italy and which will get full jaa validity as soon as they will pass the jaa audit (will they? :rolleyes: ) and (I suppose) at that moment they will also start to recognize foreign jar licences validity.
If someone knows anything more about this matter...

flyblue
30th Jun 2002, 10:58
It is not raccomended to try to convert a FAA licence in Italian licence. ENAC is not doing at the moment any italian licence exams. Because it is about to get JAR regulations.
Consequently it is advisable to obtain a JAR licence from any country of the community that is already in JAR, like UK, etc. It is sure a quicker way than waiting for Italy to go JAR. As far as I know ENAC is currently accepting other JAR country's licences.