PDA

View Full Version : CFI Training and jobs in SOUTH Florida

canaryislander
27th Aug 2015, 18:32
Hi

There is some talk of pilot shortages and CFI shortages and talk of schools unable to find Instructor who are willing to teach spin training. I am having an impossible time trying to locate a flight School in South Florida, which would not only be able to complete my CFI course but who would be willing to employ me should I be successful. why you may ask.?

I am British and getting a Green Card is absolutely impossible unless an employer does this for you. Most schools shy away from even answering ones emails if work is mentioned.

According to a friend of mine here in Spain where I live, who is American from Kansas, he says that this green card issue is "no big deal" for an employer.

I also see that a Spanish Instructor did manage to get a flight school to employ him in Florida, this was on a Spanish forum, he however does not reply to mails it was posted some 6 months ago.

Does anyone on this forum have ANY ideas, contacts, links or anything which could perhaps help me to locate a school who may be willing to help.

I am a 60 year old pilot, with past airline experience, so now I am not looking at hour building and not looking to leave for a bigger job, I am looking to pass on 35 years of experience, by becoming a full time professional CFI and wish to live in Florida.

Any ideas
:ugh:

flyboyike
27th Aug 2015, 21:32
As someone who once had a Green Card, I can tell you that it's a pretty big deal for an employer. Not impossible, to be sure, but entirely too much work just to score a 60-year-old retread who may or may not justify the investment.

You could always try marrying an older lady from South Florida, Heaven knows they are aplenty down there.

ahwalk01
28th Aug 2015, 09:52
There is an option in Tulsa, I will PM you.

kimsmith
29th Oct 2015, 07:35
Charter College Aviation provides various aviation degree. Am not sure on CFI Training but yes if you really want to make your career CCA is a good source to get your degree with sufficient practical training and they have many flight partner locations in US.

TheBiggerD
29th Oct 2015, 14:19
Kim,
Stop hawking Charter College of Aviation or whatever it is called. This is already the second or third time you have mentioned that place...What's your connection to that place?
By the way it looks like Charter College doesn't offer any flight training but is "affiliated" with schools that do.

To the OP: there are a few schools that will offer you a F1 visa I believe after training; allowing for employment for a year or two; however, that is short of a green card.

kimsmith
30th Oct 2015, 05:08
Hello BiggerD,

My sister who had a dream of being a pilot was trained by cca. Though we were not having enough dollars to pay, she was trained and also placed in etihad (hope you don't count that i am owner of Etihad!). We had a lot of loan to pay but after this help from cca we are stable and happy. I thought that there may be many dreamers of aviation like my sister, why not I try to help them.
My connection with CCA is now not remain to jusify, I guess as you are very smart.

And for your better knowledge I suggest you to check the cca's site first and then make a wise judejement about training. Here in pprune there is no room of ill advice and suggestion you should note that,too.

TheBiggerD
30th Oct 2015, 13:48
KS,
Looking at your previous posts you state that you father was trained by Northway Aviation (a flight school affiliated with Charter College) and was hired right out of flight school. Then you mentioned that your brother (I believe) is being trained by Charter College out of LA. Now your sister trained with them as well and is working for Etihad.
A few of your posts

"My dad is Pilot. He took training from Northway Aviation located at Washington. Less than 3 weeks after finishing, He had an interview and was placed with an airline. "

"My brother is getting FAA license training from Charter College Aviation located in CA. Charter College Aviation have 3 academy in California. "

So which one is it: your brother or sister that trained there....

sigler
15th Nov 2015, 21:53
Wondering what that option in Tulsa is... Would you mind sharing it with the rst of us? Thanks!