PDA

View Full Version : 300h 737 for Ryan Air

buttline
16th Jun 2002, 06:39
I'm a CPL(H) thinking about doing an fATPL(A) now. Does anyone know if the 300hrs 737 requirement for Ryan Air can be sim time?

Are they sticking to this or looking at people who've got the type rating but minimal hours?

Also, if anyone knows what credit 200h rotary time gets you off the fATPL(A) flying requirements, I'd like to know. JAR FCL1 doesn't specifically mention converting from a CPL(H).

Thanks

batty
16th Jun 2002, 08:56
From what I understand Ryanair are just recruiting type rated pilots at the moment. However they have also been taking a few abinito pilots with 200hrs from Oxford and Schrennier, on the schools recommendations.

scroggs
16th Jun 2002, 12:49
I imagine that Ryanair's requirement for 300 hours on type for 737-rated pilots is the minimum that they consider covers type training, line training and some time on the line of a previous airline. In other words, they want people who have been operational and employed on 737s by someone else. Sim time will not count - and, anyway, who's going to have 300 hours on 737 sims (unless they're sim technicians)?!