PDA

View Full Version : Is Nevis Express a reputable company?

jackalope
16th Jun 2002, 03:29
Curious about the maintenance and management at Nevis Express....are they ok? Also, what is living in Nevis like? I've heard it is expensive. Any feedback on this?

B Sousa
16th Jun 2002, 13:40
Cant help much with company reputation www.nevisexpress.com
I will say its a very beautiful area and prices can be fairly high. Heres the info on the island www.odci.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/sc.html

4144r
20th Jun 2002, 14:50
Hi,
spend 3 years in this area, paradise....yes a little bit expencive!
Nevis express= 3 bn2 with rasta color on the tail, the boss ask for FAA ATP and 2000h.
Don't ask about the salary, but don't dream, around 1200 dollars
A very good place for easylife.
soft landing!

HugMonster
20th Jun 2002, 22:07
If the boss is either Alan Haddadi or Eric Lamb (but I think the latter retired a few years ago) then you can expect to be treated squarely.

Wadadli
22nd Jun 2002, 08:45
Jackalope,

Alan came to Nevis in '92 or '93 to work for Eric as an Engineer in his company Air St. Kitts & Nevis. They soon fell out and Alan started Nevis Express. Alan has a bit of a temper and I understand that Alan has had quite a few fall outs with people on the island since, but I can't comment on the actual work conditions. They have recently started to operate a Beech 1900c.

I belive Eric has returned to the aviation scene and is now involved with a DHL operation out of Nevis serving the eastern Caribbean using C208 and possibly PA23. Sorry no detailed info. Good to work for.

Paul Gravel has set up a Nevis base for SVGair using a C402.

Nevis is a lovely place with great people. All imports are expensive (don't be affraid of local produce), but working with charters gives U the opportunity to do some shopping on other islands. St. Martin is good for groceries and electronics(just watch the custom duties when U come back.......) and both St. Barth and Guadeloupe has good shopping centres within walking distance of the airport.

HugMonster
22nd Jun 2002, 14:21
Wadadli - I see you're from Redonda - do you have much difficulty getting off-island? :D

jackalope
22nd Jun 2002, 17:09
Thanks for the replies...I am in the process of getting my FAA ATPL done so I can work down there. My last response from SVG Air said they now need 3000 hours! This must be an indicator of the supply and demand in the Caribbean--hardly a shortage of good pilots down there by the looks of things.

I've heard SVG is one of the better companies to work for down there.

Wadadli
23rd Jun 2002, 09:58
The postmaster arrives once a year, otherwise just me, the goats and the birds. But the King is trying to have me evicted, so I don't for how long....

:cool:

blue_side_up
23rd Jun 2002, 23:44
Wadadli,
Maybe you could make some extra $$ by re-starting the guano mining operation on your little rock! :D
BTW - I thought that SVG had a BN2 in Nevis, not the 402, and had heard that they pulled it out a month or so ago as there was just not any biz. Too bad for the pilots though - I think they were enjoying thier roster - 1 day on/ 10 days off :cool:

Cathar
28th Jun 2002, 14:17
I had heard a rumour that the FAA had reviewed whether it was appropriate for them to issue AOCs to a non US based airlines such as Nevis Express and that the airlines affected may have to relocate their principal place of business back to US territory or obtain a locaL AOC.

Justin Case
9th Jul 2002, 18:01
Yeah, Nevis Express is a great airline. They have just gotten code share with US air. Good luck.

gearupflapsup
19th Jul 2002, 18:04
Hi Folks,

Anyone have the contact info for Pilot REcruitment at Nevis.

Thanks in Advance