PDA

View Full Version : CASA Authorised Persons

Lowmiester
24th Aug 2015, 07:52
G'day Everyone,

Just seeking some further info/direction/guidance with regards to "Authorised Person"

It was explained to me with the implementation of the new part 61 that a PPL holder (someone who is authorised by case and is not an instructor) with a Glider Tow Endorsement can teach another PPL holder how to tow gliders.

The theory being that a PPL older with glider tow endorsement may have 1000 hours of glider tow flying and has a huge amount of experience and expertise in that area of operations per say and can pass on that skill through instruction.

Is this correct and does anybody have references or further details of such "authorised persons"

If this is correct does this mean that someone can apply to CASA for an approval and in fact teach new pilots how to fly?

Keen to get some feedback.

Regards,:)

Frank Arouet
25th Aug 2015, 06:07
Ring Eddy Madden at Tocumwal. Don't ask CAsA.
Best advice I can offer.

Centaurus
26th Aug 2015, 14:10
Question regarding an applicant for the new Part 61 position of "Examiner" on aircraft under or over 5700 kgs.

Does this position require the candidate to hold or have held a Grade 3,2, or 1 instructor rating? If so, where is the authority for that?

Would, for example, (say) 10 years as a CASA approved ATO on various turbo-props and jet transport types be deemed equivalent to a grade one, grade two, or grade three flying instructor qualification?

Arm out the window
26th Aug 2015, 20:59
From a quick read of Part 61, the pre-requisites don't specifically state that you have to have held an instructor rating to get an examiner rating, but then the table of types of flight testing you can do and pre-requisites for those refers to the examiner candidate having to hold various training endorsements (e.g. grade 1; instrument rating flight test endorsement etc).

Those are endorsements on an instructor rating which implies that you'd need to hold one to become an examiner. Could be wrong though, the implications of the new regs are still a bit opaque to me as yet.