PDA

View Full Version : TNT recruitment policy

Stratocaster
15th Jun 2002, 19:07
The other day I received a document that is supposed to be used by TNT staff as the standard reply to all pilot applications. It's two pages long and it's supposed to be printed (with the applicant's name on it) and attached to their own application form (to be filled and posted back I guess).

I don't know the person who emailed me this and why, but I thought some folks on the forum would be happy to have a look at it. So here's the most important thing of all: their recruitment policy (priorities).

Since 1st February 2001, a clear recruitment policy has been implemented, allowing a standardised selection process for all the candidates joining the company.

An analysis over the last twelve months shows that 100 % of the pilots who left the company were non-Belgian residents. As a result, in the interest of TNT Airways and the crew members already employed, it has been decided to categorise the applications in order to give recruitment priority to the pilots who are likely to consider TNT Airways as a long term career opportunity.
Thus, priority will be given to Belgian residents without reference to their nationality and to those pilots having their residence within 150 km from LIEGE at the date of the application.

The training department will classify the candidates by category and the selection committee, consisting of, amongst others, the Training Manager and the relevant Section Chief Pilot, will evaluate the candidates following the sequence of priority. Candidates belonging to a lower priority shall not be entered into the selection process if suitable candidates belonging to a higher priority are available. Should a candidate fail during the selection process, another chance may only be granted in an upper category at the discretion of the TNT Flight Operations Director.

The maximum age for recruitment as non-type rated pilot is 45 for co-pilots and 55 for commanders.

Within the same category, age and experience shall be considered by the selection committee to determine which candidate must be interviewed.

Then follows a table for which I don't have enough computer knowledge to post it "as is", but I'll do my best to make it understandable. "TR" means "type-rated", "LGG" is Liege Airport. The information is separated by slashes (/), and is always organised following the same pattern:

PRIORITY / RESIDENCE / LICENCE / EXPERIENCE / REMARK
1 / Belgium or within 150 km LGG / JAR-FCL / TR + 100h / Choice 1

2 / Belgium or within 150 km LGG / JAR-FCL / TR, no hrs or non-TR with MCC + 100h jet / Choice 2

3 / Belgium or within 150 km LGG / JAR-FCL / Min 500h MPA / Choice 3

4 / EU passport / JAR-FCL / TR + 100h / Choice 4

5 / Belgium or within 150 km LGG / JAR-FCL / as per TNTA OM with MCC / Choice 5

6 / EU passport / JAR-FCL / TR, no hrs or non-TR with MCC + 100h jet / Choice 6

7 / EU passport / JAR-FCL / Min 500 MPA / Choice 7

8 / EU passport / JAR-FCL / as per TNTA OM with MCC / To avoid

9 / Non-EU / JAR-FCL / Any / Working permit

10 / Non-EU / non-JAR / TR + 500h / Max 1 year + BCAA approval required

11 / Other / non-JAR / Any / not possible

The above policy is only applicable for pilots who are recruited for the Liege TNT Airways base. Should another base be decided upon by TNT in the future, additional or modified rules might be applicable accordingly.

You must clearly understand that we recruit flight crew for a Belgian full time contract and, as you know, the Belgian tax level is not one of the lowest in Europe. Nevertheless, if you intend to choose for a career within TNT Airways, the advantages connected to the Belgian social system are to be taken into consideration, the overall situation is far from negative.

The selection process is organised by the Flight Operations Director who decides on the selection criteria that apply, depending on the current crew situation (A300-B4 selection, BAE 146 selection, others, ...).

The final selection will be the responsibility of the Training Manager and the Section Chief Pilot through an interview (both general and technical) followed, if appropriate, by an evaluation on a flight simulator having the most appropriate characteristics for the ongoing selection process.

(Edited for finger trouble)
:)

JW411
15th Jun 2002, 19:28
Stratocaster:

I'm not quite sure what your point is but it is fairly common knowledge within the freight industry that TNT will only hire pilots nowadays who are prepared to be based in LGG - regardless of nationality. If you want to work for TNT that is exactly what you will have to do.

Stratocaster
15th Jun 2002, 19:51
Well, there's no point.
:D

I received this document although I don't really care about TNT, but I guess somebody might want to take a look at it. Somebody who's not in the freight business for example, who knows ? It's not top secret material after all.

I'm just passing the info, I thought it would be better used this way than simply trashed. It's simple as that.

Cheers

9gmax
15th Jun 2002, 20:52
Application terms for a flight crew position within TNT Airways
can be found on following link :

http://www.tnt-airways.be/framecockpit.htm