PDA

View Full Version : QF TO GET 787 !!!

BNEA320
20th Aug 2015, 00:53
Qantas orders Boeing 787-9 inaugural flight 2017 - Australian Business Traveller (http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-to-buy-boeing-787-first-flights-from-2017)

MEL/DFW mentioned.

What other new routes ?

A twice weekly OZ/Colorado maybe in winter & other LAX hub busting routes ?

Daily SYD/YVR & some from BNE & MEL maybe ?

UnderneathTheRadar
20th Aug 2015, 00:56
But BNEA320 - what about the fact that the crews will be hired on contract for minimum wages?

chuboy
20th Aug 2015, 01:24
:rolleyes:

The Green Goblin
20th Aug 2015, 01:26
Maybe flyboatnorth will get that Cadetship he's been salavitating over for the past few years.

RustyTrombone
20th Aug 2015, 01:35
With over 60 cadets still waiting on a start date I wouldn't hold your breath

LeadSled
20th Aug 2015, 01:48
But BNEA320 - what about the fact that the crews will be hired on contract for minimum wages?

Wayunder,
And what is your basis for that statement, apart from trying a big stir ???
Tootle pip!!

Capt Fathom
20th Aug 2015, 02:14
Wayunder,
And what is your basis for that statement, apart from trying a big stir ???
Tootle pip!!

Lead, you haven't been following the musings of BNEA320 have you? :}

Flyboat North
20th Aug 2015, 04:34
GG not everyone actually wants to be an airline pilot, not a vocation (note: I didn't use the word profession) that interest me

You blokes are completely detached from reality.

Wow 8 DLs in 3 or 4 years , lets have a look at some of the esteemed airlines that already have them, let's see now Aeromexico, Ethiopian , Kenya & that bastion of the airline establishment Royal Air Maroc.

QF is so far behind you think you are in front

Lets have a look at one or two docs , lets see now here is your 1985 Route map:

1985/86: QANTAS Network | Airline Route (http://airlineroute.net/2011/02/11/w85-qf/)

How many destinations there do you not fly to now, well just in Europe there is Amsterdam, Frankfurt, , Manchester ,Athens , Paris , Belgrade , Anyone want to count how many destinations in total you have dropped since then ? or from your 1973 route map ?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/caribb/5408775461

Likely 20 destinations dropped , maybe 3 or 4 picked up whoo hoo !, whoo hoo !

I tell you something , if Tommy Two Tunes (1982 "Jenny whats your number) gets his band back together, they ain't gonna pack out the MCG.

& if QF get 787s well that isn't gonna get you back in the game as an international airline, its over guys its just over

The fact is that QF Int is in terminal decline & has been for decades. The only reason a profit was made was that you just got extremely lucky with a plummeting fuel price, aside from that it would have been yet another massive loss.

Troo believer
20th Aug 2015, 04:41
Arghh
So the ******** returns.

blueloo
20th Aug 2015, 04:52
Flyboat North, I know you love to troll, so I will just have a small bite at your jovial ****-stirring:

GG not everyone actually wants to be an airline pilot, not a vocation (note: I didn't use the word profession) that interest me

I am glad that God hasn't called you to be an airline pilot, because God help us we would all be rooted.

Whilst I am sure you have your big book of grammar, here is a little reference to help you:

What is the difference between Vocation and Profession?

• Though both vocation, as well as profession, indicates the career or the occupation through which an individual makes a livelihood, vocation is a broader term than profession.

• Profession refers to the career that one opts for, getting extensive training and acquiring special skills to become eligible for a job in it.

• Vocation refers to an occupation for which god gives a calling to the individual.

• Vocation can mean not just the profession or the occupation that an individual pursues for a living but also the occupation for which he receives a calling from god.

• Profession requires training and qualification whereas vocation is the innate ability in an individual towards a particular occupation.

• In modern times, a vocation refers to an occupation for which a person has special abilities or is trained to do that job.

ExtraShot
20th Aug 2015, 05:05
http://i.imgur.com/nNxqHBL.gif

George Glass
20th Aug 2015, 05:25
Gee Flyboat. Why so angry? Stuck in a loser job? Public Service maybe? Doomed to pointless raging ? Failed your ATPL again?

bigwatch
20th Aug 2015, 05:33
Hey FBN.

Why don't you just go somewhere else. Your contribution to anything in this forum is zero.

For your information, many of my colleagues (including me) have degrees in professions that you wouldn't even qualify for, including medicine, engineering and science. Some have PHD's and had them before flying. Other's studied for them after getting into the airlines to further their professional development. We have guys that have university medals because of their academic performance.

Some of us have flown wide body jets internationally as Captains, others have not yet had that opportunity because of the way the seniority system works. We are all pilots because we choose to be. We do not pretend to be something we are not.:=

Judging by your attitude on this forum, even if you wanted to be a pilot with an airline, you would probably never make it. There are psychological tests that most big companies (including airlines) employ now that would find you lacking in the most basic of requirements. I'd even hazard a guess that you'll be struggling to get a reasonable job in almost any field with a big company, unless you change your attitude a lot.

And in case you missed the name of the forum, it is PROFESSIONAL pilots rumour network.

So, i'll repeat what I wrote earlier as you appear to be a slow learner:

Why don't you just go somewhere else?

BW

The Green Goblin
20th Aug 2015, 05:36
Nah he probably works for CAH-SA with part 61 his crowning glory.

Could explain a few things.

BNEA320
20th Aug 2015, 05:37
if you think TT are taking over VA routes but not reducing crew costs YOUR DREAMING or smoking something you shouldn't before sign on.

bdcer
20th Aug 2015, 06:24
Please folks, can we leave the attacks out of these threads. They achieve nothing, apart from wasting time. I keep noticing new posts on this thread, jump on to hear about 789 stuff & instead get this continuing fight. Let FBN go, we're bigger than that.

slice
20th Aug 2015, 07:02
BNEA320 - so what do you think Tiger are going to do to reduce crew costs?

Beer Baron
20th Aug 2015, 07:29
Some earlier quotes from the oracle Flyboat;
Just look at the scenario QF International has , it is mathematically impossible for them to make a profit. Try $267 million.
QF management spending billions to buy you guys 787s , forget it guys , it just ain't gonna happen.
It just did happen.

Well that says about as much as one needs to about the "facts" coming from Flyboat.
If you must contribute to this forum FN, how about, "I'm sorry, I was wrong.... again."

Flyboat North
20th Aug 2015, 07:32
I don't think hold a BAvn which is the degree many pilots have is much of a degree at all really

The academics of ATPLs , four week PPLs , six or eight week CPLs at Bob Tait, six or eight week ATPLs on the coast. Twenty weeks tops , at a vocational level , not Uni(as in proper Uni) level.

Which is why many ATPL holders have year 9 or 10 & can still pass all without any fuss - goodluck to them I say. But it is at vocational level & long way beneath more rigorous aviation academics of the UK , NZ , Sing , HK etc etc.

I had a copper tell me once that her police prosecutors course of three months was the equivalent to a full year of a law degree. She wouldn't have got anywhere near law school with average academics at year 12 , but for some reason a few years later believed she was at top of the food chain.

If you wish to equate to something more , like a PhD good for you , I just think it will be a bit of a hard sell in the real world.

Was in Asia recently & had misfortune to be staying at the QF hotel. Well you should have seen the preening & posing around the lobby by the good QF crews.

There wouldn't have been a cabin crew member under 50 , it was a bizarre spectacle , I know the words have just came to me , it sort of looked like some kind of guided swingers tour.

And really that is why your international division is doomed , staff costs. Would imagine the CC would all be 20 plus years , all picking up at least $140, 000

You guys just aren't in the game

George Glass
20th Aug 2015, 07:42
Hey,Flyingboat. I have a Science degree plus being a happy legacy carrier Airline Pilot. What is your problem???. Good luck to the QF guys and gals who get to do their conversion in Seattle.Dont miss the clam chowder at Fishermans Wharf.

Fatguyinalittlecoat
20th Aug 2015, 07:51
Please everybody, stop engaging this person. He ( if it is a he) is such an idiot, and a liar, that he doesn't even know he's an idiot and a liar.

We are the professionals aviators here, flying thousands upon thousands of people around the country or the world every year, safely and efficiently, while getting paid big dollars and enjoying an enviable lifestyle to do it.
It is the best job in the world.

This guy (fly boat North) doesn't have that job and it f&$kin kills him.
Forget him.

Anyway, what's the latest on the QF787?

VH-FTS
20th Aug 2015, 08:19
I just don't get why the mods let BNEA320 and FBN continue to contribute. Do us all a favour and close their accounts once and for all - the temporary bans don't keep them away for long enough.

Dehavillanddriver
20th Aug 2015, 09:00
Agree George! Ivors has great food. I particularly love the crumbed salmon

What to choose - white chowder or red chowder...mmmmm yummy

Or a steak at Morton's...

BNEA320
20th Aug 2015, 09:39
"BNEA320 - so what do you think Tiger are going to do to reduce crew costs?"

don't know but something is definitely up. Can't believe people can't see it.

They must reduce costs & fill more aircraft.

Maybe New Zealand type wages & conditions ?

Capt Fathom
20th Aug 2015, 10:25
don't know but something is definitely up. Can't believe people can't see it.
It's simple really... There is nothing to see! :ok:

dirty deeds
20th Aug 2015, 11:13
Some people on here need some TLC

Did you ever get a hug as a child? I seriously feel very sorry for you as your level of envy or pent up jealousy that is expressed in your posts is something that I think requires professional attention.

Some of the worlds great minds, both past and present never studied to a University level, and some that have have proven to be completely incompetent. Having grown up in a family of academics and being exposed to their behaviours, sometimes one would thing they are on the edge of a few spectrums.

I do not work for QF yet I have traveled with them on multiple occasions and have found their service and friendliness to be of the highest standard, so to attack the staff personally is nothing short of a tantrum that I would expect from my 4 year old son when he hasn't been able to get a happy meal after seeing the Golden Arches!

Maybe if you try a little harder and put as much effort into your flying lessons as you do into your tirades and rants, maybe one day you can be that guy in the foyer looking like a swinger having a great time overseas getting paid to do a job they enjoy........matter of fact......one they LOVE!!!!!

ACMS
20th Aug 2015, 11:41
FBN you are a ******.

F off

Capt Fathom
20th Aug 2015, 12:10
I just don't get why the mods let BNEA320 and FBN continue to contribute.
Actually, the MODS seem to have disappeared from all the forums?

Compylot
20th Aug 2015, 12:53
I only come here to read the definitions, differences....whatever you want to call them.

What is the difference between Vocation and Profession?

• Though both vocation, as well as profession, indicates the career or the occupation through which an individual makes a livelihood, vocation is a broader term than profession.

• Profession refers to the career that one opts for, getting extensive training and acquiring special skills to become eligible for a job in it.

• Vocation refers to an occupation for which god gives a calling to the individual.

• Vocation can mean not just the profession or the occupation that an individual pursues for a living but also the occupation for which he receives a calling from god.

• Profession requires training and qualification whereas vocation is the innate ability in an individual towards a particular occupation.

• In modern times, a vocation refers to an occupation for which a person has special abilities or is trained to do that job.

The Green Goblin
20th Aug 2015, 13:16
The mods aren't going to delete someone's opinion just because pretty much everyone disagrees with them.

They will delete it if it's against the forum rules.

He gives me a good laugh. Obviously that's his goal. He couldn't possibly be serious :)

underfire
20th Aug 2015, 13:16
They got an A380, and look what they did to that ac...

yadot
20th Aug 2015, 13:26
For those of you taking personal attacks on differences of opinions is really low. It is because you have your own agenda and not looking at, whilst perhaps honest opinions, as factual, but rather trying to protect your own position.

I can ask you the facts instead of telling you the facts.

What is the average age of the flight attendants at QF International?
What is the route structure compared to 10, or 15 or 20 years ago of QF International?
What is the timeline on those cadets or pilots with letters of intent to be employed ever going to become reality?

Answer this, and I will read your response!

OnceBitten
20th Aug 2015, 16:26
What is the average age of the flight attendants at QF International?

It's illegal to discriminate based on age/race/religion/Colour.

What is the route structure compared to 10, or 15 or 20 years ago of QF International?
Profitable.

What is the timeline on those cadets or pilots with letters of intent to be employed ever going to become reality?

Within the life span of their working career.

I am honoured you would read my response. :rolleyes:

FBN,
Post as much as you want. Light comic relief is always welcome and it keeps you young kids off the Drugs and the streets. :ok:

Oakape
20th Aug 2015, 21:47
Flyboat North, Compylot, BNEA320 AND yadot ALL in the same thread..

What are the chances....
;):oh:

Just the mention of QF & 787 in the same sentence & it is far too exciting for them to stay away. lol

Captain Gidday
20th Aug 2015, 22:01
Light comic relief is always welcome and it keeps you young kids off the Drugs and the streets.

Trouble is the kids are mostly posting while on the streets. Earphones in ears. Wandering aimlessly onto pedestrian crossings. Oblivious.
Sydney fire engines have just been fitted with sub-woofers that vibrate the earth out to 60 metres because of this trend.
The kids are in their own little world.

The Bullwinkle
20th Aug 2015, 22:49
nothing short of a tantrum that I would expect from my 4 year old son when he hasn't been able to get a happy meal after seeing the Golden Arches!
Ya big meany! Buy him a happy meal! :E

Capt Claret
20th Aug 2015, 23:37
What ever happened to the big red warming on the bottom of each page re sciolists and their propensities?

BNEA320
21st Aug 2015, 00:17
Quote:
" What is the average age of the flight attendants at QF International? It's illegal to discriminate based on age/race/religion/Colour."

It's easy to get around the age issue.

& QF look like they are going with 9 across in Y.

Flyboat North
21st Aug 2015, 00:37
Well thank for the invite to try to be an airline pilot & also look or be like a swinger in a hotel foyer. As previously mentioned well I don't actually wish to be an airline pilot , & as for the second bit , well you know I think I will have to have a good think about that one, just not sure it is really "me".

I would have thought that being a FA is primarily a physical job, not an intellectual one , so really is best done by young people. Whenever I fly Sing/Cathay all the FAs are all much younger and IMHO they think , act & move much faster than than the Grannies & Pops you get on on QF Long Haul.

Kinds like the Battle of Britain where they looked for young blokes not fifty year olds to fly their Spitfires.

Lets face facts people in their 50s such as Medicos are probably just reaching their peak, training the younger generation coming through, decades of expertise to pass on. Maybe I'm missing something here but is there really that much in explaining the angle you place a biscuit on the tray, or how much milk you put in the coffee:confused:

That you need to keep hangers on employed on fat legacy contracts from the days of govt ownership & massive subsidies.

chuboy
21st Aug 2015, 00:38
Who is left with 8 across in economy in a 787? Even ANA is changing to 9 across.

There aren't many punters willing to pay the extra to sit in 8 across seating vs a cheaper competitor.

moa999
21st Aug 2015, 00:46
ANA and JAL where the only ones who went 8-across (and the first two operators).

Everyone else - LCC and full service (inc BA, Etihad, United, Air NZ) has gone 9-across.

FNQTech
21st Aug 2015, 01:19
I don't usually get too involved in the forums on here as I am a LAME not a pilot. I do find the conversations interesting though, and from time to time (as in now) feel the need to step into the fray.
FBN I have to take issue with your ageist comments regarding QF cabin crew. I fly long haul regularly and would much rather have experienced people controlling the cabin. I mean no disrespect to young FAs but in the event of an unserviceability or god forbid an emergency, there is no substitute for experience. You seem to forget that the primary role of cabin crew is your safety. Serving you and making you comfortable is a secondary role. I have the utmost respect for cabin crew. They and the check in staff are actually the frontline of an airline as far as the passengers are concerned.
Just my two bobs worth

Going Nowhere
21st Aug 2015, 02:00
I would have thought that being a FA is primarily a physical job, not an intellectual one

FBN,

I take it from that comment that you've never been on board when any sort of issue/emergency has occurred in the cabin.

There's been several times over my career (and I haven't been around all that long either) where the quick-thinking and professionalism of the Cabin Crew has been the difference between a situation in the cabin ending well/being diffused and it escalating/ending badly.

In those times the age/experience of the Cabin crew has ranged from either ends of the 'age/experience' spectrum.

The Green Goblin
21st Aug 2015, 06:26
I had the same opinion regarding cabin crew as FBN, until I became an airline pilot and watch them go through their EPs every year.

It's impressive when you see them switch from pleasant air hostess to shoes off on the seat screaming commands in unison to evacuate the ship. They have far better knowledge of safety equipment than Pilots (most of the time).

Their primary role is safety.

Their secondary role is service.

Something other airlines in the region switch around.

Flyboat North
21st Aug 2015, 07:37
What a rort it is that you have a B scale contract since 2007 with these guys working more for less money

The Golden Oldies are picking up $120K to $180K , good dollars for biscuit chucking you might think.

What an absurd system that is in the Australian context, protected species from the days of Govt ownership , truly bizarre. Who was the CEO who signed off on this little gem, I bet the bloke was also a gun at things like , ah well selecting aircraft & stuff.

I note the former QF Chief Economist has said a number of times , he thinks QF International cannot be saved.

But what would he know compared to a QF Pilot with his "you beaut" year 12 , or maybe even a BAVn, or the legend above who actually holds would you believe it a BSc.

They say it isn't over until the fat lady sings

Well I say she ain't just singing she HOOOOOWLING >>>>>>>>

Ollie Onion
21st Aug 2015, 07:59
^^^^^^^ Oh man, I love your posts, gives me a good chuckle every time I read them. I heard an interesting fact today, the latest Qantas group results are higher than Virgin, Tiger, Singapore Airlines, Air New Zealand and Ethiad's profits combined!! Not to bad for a bloated inefficient company FBN :D

IsDon
21st Aug 2015, 08:08
Mods. Please.

As amusing his posts are at times he's clearly a troll.

Despite his recent sin binning he's clearly to stupid to learn his lesson and behave.

I vote for a permanent ban. I'm sick of his nonsense.

porch monkey
21st Aug 2015, 09:43
I heard that from Joyce's mouth as well, Ollie. Of course, what he didn't say was last years loss was also greater that all those airlines combined.......:yuk:Spin, spin and more spin.

Capt Fathom
21st Aug 2015, 11:34
It's easy to shut down trolls!

Just ignore their posts and continue the thread.

Keg
21st Aug 2015, 13:50
What's all the fuss about?

This message is hidden because Flyboat North is on your ignore list.

This message is hidden because BNEA320 is on your ignore list

:ok: :D :cool:

underfire
21st Aug 2015, 20:28
Word on the street was QF got the 9's at a 50% discount.

Boeing must be really desperate to get someone to buy the 9's...

Ollie: Isnt most of the profit related to selling the terminal at SYD?

Keg
21st Aug 2015, 22:03
Qantas signed on for those aeroplanes in 2005! So yeah, Boeing were pretty desperate to get Qantas signature back then. I'm pretty sure such a discount wouldn't be forthcoming these days or for the 777X that we sign on for in a couple of years time.

SandyPalms
21st Aug 2015, 22:22
Under fire.

The terminal deal in Sydney is during this financial year, so will form part of next years profit announcement.

underfire
22nd Aug 2015, 21:00
Thanks, wasnt sure about that.

To me, it always seemed that QF gave up the best revenue routes that the 787 would be used for.

MEL to DFW in a 17 inch seat?