PDA

View Full Version : QantasLink / Jetstar NZ

pointyengine
19th Aug 2015, 19:30
Sounds like they're spooling up hiring for the DHC-8 NZ operation. Anyone have any idea of what the conditions / pay will be like? I remember something about people having to pay for their own type rating?

DutyofCare
19th Aug 2015, 22:17
I remember something about people having to pay for their own type rating?

Spot on man / will be about $20 grand each.

Pay will be approx. 2/3 the Ozzie groups currently.

It'll be 5days a week, not many overnights / lots of sectors & get ready for 7/800 hrs per yr.

DeltaT
20th Aug 2015, 08:59
if you are going to spend that kinda money you should instead get a jet rating and go off to asia.

wishiwasupthere
20th Aug 2015, 09:03
Pay probably wouldn't be too far off the mark when you take into account Kiwi wages for same aircraft types versus Aussie wages, but has the requirement to pay for an endorsement actually been confirmed or is it just heresay?

Captain Condom
20th Aug 2015, 23:26
They will be setting up a Jetstar turboprop operation based out of Auckland. Don't know about pay scales or salary or work patterns. No common seniority list with the jets - structure will be similar to the link/air New Zealand operation. You will have to apply and go through all the normal interview crap to move from the turboprop operation to the jets despite having proved yourself capable/efficient etc.

Good luck in recruiting some of the many experienced dash 8 crews currently operating over here in NZ with that sort of attitude. As deltat says, look offshore for a career.

lilflyboy262...2
21st Aug 2015, 06:48
Asia countries want time on type. So unless you are willing to pay for 500hrs with that type rating.... then good luck.

DeltaT
21st Aug 2015, 07:31
Go knock yourself out (http://www.flightdeckfriend.com/#!low-hour-pilot-jobs/cbrr)
...mostly not asia I admit, but best I could find in a few seconds

lilflyboy262...2
23rd Aug 2015, 07:23
Most of them requiring EU or American passports.

flyboy_nz
25th Aug 2015, 07:34
So, what's the latest rumour from the interviews? any tips? I am happy to pay for a round or two in return.

flyboy_nz
25th Aug 2015, 23:48
That's a good start.

Haha, well judging prices in bars/pubs around AKL city these days...

ijustwannaflyplease
28th Aug 2015, 09:09
If anyone has (or knows someone who has) already attended.. Any info on what to expect would be very much appreciated! :ok:

wantobe
29th Aug 2015, 11:23
Personal questions only HR type stuff. If you pass you go through to the sim.

Galdom
31st Aug 2015, 00:45
According to the NZ Herald J* are going to start regional services Auckland to Palmerston North and Auckland to Napier along with Nelson and New Plymouth.

Air NZ used to run 737's to both Napier and Palmerston North, I wonder if we might see A320's on those runs?

It's probably fair to say neither Nelson nor New Plymouth are likely to see jets anytime soon.

Jetstar's new routes: Nelson, Napier, New Plymouth and Palmerston North make the cut - Business - NZ Herald News (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11505499)

DeltaT
2nd Sep 2015, 10:02
Emirates FO experience has just dropped through the floor. No specific passport requirements for that one!