PDA

View Full Version : Epson Stylus SX200 colour printer

Evanelpus
19th Aug 2015, 08:21
Hi guys

A plea from me.

If you are in the UK and have the software disk for this would you be prepared to let me 'borrow' it so I can set up my printer on my new PC? I'll pay any postage needed.

I can't find my copy of the disk and I've looked on the Epson site and all they seem to have is update drivers and the like. That's all well and good but I have nothing on the PC to update!!

Hoping one of you kind souls may be able to help me out.

Thanks in advance.

The Flying Pram
19th Aug 2015, 10:38
Try this link: Epson Stylus SX200 : Drivers & Software (http://esupport.epson-europe.com/ProductHome.aspx?lng=en-GB&data=YZnBT5wk60ZP7EtxyIjLlnDaZ7y0f8w4BcHkxWiTWEoU003D&tc=6)

All you should need is the appropriate driver for your O/S. From memory, the "Creativity Suite" will give you Epson's own printing software, but Windblows has the basics already provided. "Epson Scan" I find to be far superior to many other manufacturers equivalents, particularly when doing multiple scans (such as a run of photos). It allows you to export directly to a folder as JPEGs, whereas many others store each one as a temp file within the programme, and you have to close the scan utility to deal with them, and then re-start it once more.

The disc which comes with a boxed printer invariably tries to install no end of bloatware which you don't need:)
TFP

Evanelpus
19th Aug 2015, 12:26
Thanks Pram, I'll have another go tonight.