PDA

View Full Version : One down on Gold Coast

spinex
16th Aug 2015, 02:37
I see on the local rag's website that someone has gone in near Southport, pilot reportedly unharmed. Nice work and a smidgen of luck I'd say, the trees around there are fairly large n solid. Can't quite make it out, but looks like a Bonanza.
A pilot walks away unharmed from a plane crash at Coombabah | Gold Coast Bulletin (http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/crime-court/a-pilot-walks-away-unharmed-from-a-plane-crash-at-coombabah/story-fnje8bkv-1227485534686)

ForkTailedDrKiller
16th Aug 2015, 02:43
Ouch!

Bo's are tough - that should buff right out! :O

Stanwell
16th Aug 2015, 06:41
I liked that phrasing ".. crashed into trees AT the Southport Flying Club.."
Looks like they've got a bit of a hidey-hole up there, then.
Hope they don't have to build a new clubhouse.

spinex
16th Aug 2015, 06:52
Our dearly beloved media managing to bollix up a fairly simple situation again. One report quoted the local plod as saying that he lost power on approach, then concluded that the pilot had "lost control" and "came to rest upside down". Saw another photo on farcebook that revealed PAK on the tail. Pilot either 67 or 75 depending on the news outlet and had slight scratches only - a good outcome in the circumstances.

ForkTailedDrKiller
16th Aug 2015, 08:03
What did I tell you - back in the air already! :E

fencehopper
16th Aug 2015, 13:48
On the news tonight slung under helicopter. not a real lot of damage mainly to right wing. just looked bad when in among the trees. lucky boy.

spinex
17th Aug 2015, 08:26
Word on the street is that old mate was back at work today :ok:

TBM-Legend
17th Aug 2015, 23:56
Word on the street is that old mate was back at work today

Yes, he's of an age that a couple of bumps won't require him to see a shrink, have stress leave etc

PA39
18th Aug 2015, 09:40
Lucky he was in a Bonanza!