PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong new ATM system is 'safe'

FlyingMayfair
13th Aug 2015, 17:08
Has anyone also heard about the FDP failure on July 31 on the new system?
Something about both FDPs crashing!?!?

TOIL
15th Aug 2015, 12:12
Those people working there said the crash was normal.:ugh:

BalusKaptan
15th Aug 2015, 15:44
OK, you have my attention! This was a 'Normal' crash?
What's a crash thats not normal?, surely that IS a crash!

LIKE.HKA
15th Aug 2015, 17:21
You meant the Automatic Teller Machine?

Frogman1484
15th Aug 2015, 19:49
What is a FDP? Flight Duty Period?:confused:

Beholder
16th Aug 2015, 11:13
Wait a minute FlyingMF.....new system??!! :=
It is a vintage system that company bought it with 1 dollar and sold to their loyal customer at 2 dollars.

:\

barrold
16th Aug 2015, 12:27
Seriously, a double failure! But the system passed the RAT, albeit with multiple 'observations'. What's going on?http://www.pprune.org/images/smilies/eek.gif:eek::eek:

FlyingMayfair
17th Aug 2015, 13:58
Nothing is 'normal' about a system crash! Rules are broken, safety is compromised - what a joke

Chingchung
19th Aug 2015, 11:25
a classic example of "Normalisation of Deviance"!

Regulator, if they have, should step in.

SeeMyToe
20th Aug 2015, 09:44
The Senior Air Traffic Controller who was part of the 'Regulator', which itself is part of CAD, has been pointing out problems for some time from a Safety Management point of view. CAD replaced him. One of the controllers, who has been working on the new radar system since the beginning, voiced his concerns about the new system and controller training for it. He has been removed from the project team and back to the ATC complex for his trouble.

Frogman1484
20th Aug 2015, 10:56
It is the synergy between man and machine that is involving the disconnect between the bipartisan and the conservatives that is the problem...this is right at grass route level!:ok:

Steve the Pirate
20th Aug 2015, 11:14
It is the synergy between man and machine that is involving the disconnect between the bipartisan and the conservatives that is the problem...this is right at grass route level!:ok:

Translation please?

STP

APP
21st Aug 2015, 01:08
Let me try - controllers are used to recording their information on paper strips, the new system is all electronic involving selecting from a drop down menu, cross checking after you have picked from a bunch of similar figures and talking to the pilot at the same time, for the older controllers who did not use a computer until they are 30 plus it is a major strain on their brain power and processing ability thus affecting their ability to pack the traffic in and detect conflicting traffic in the sequencing. Some systems uses a planner to input and update data and a executive controller to talk to pilot. When you try to fly ten FMS, or even five, at the same time you will understand. There are many more problems that CAD dare not admit since the Government has been putting pressure on to place the system into operations ASAP knowing the present ATM system is way past its use by date.

A-GPS
21st Aug 2015, 10:57
When will the new FDP put in use? Is the system safe??

FAD
21st Aug 2015, 13:46
I am surprised that they are such afraid of safety. The regulatory setting, before I left, was very impermissible; they were already made either numb or blind. If rubber-made regulator said something this time, I would imagine something is very wrong happening. The vision of that place should be amended, safety is a slogan more than action. Sigh!

So what are left behind in the regulatory unit? Confirmed rubber?

flying.zodiac
25th Aug 2015, 14:34
The system is completely ok now, credit goes to the project team.

MTCD
9th Sep 2015, 16:38
With the reports we have seen so far, ok means AllButLuck.

FAD
13th Sep 2015, 16:20
It is not safe because the guy, who ran away, wrote an unsafe user requirements.

VSD
14th Sep 2015, 11:21
Productive! One of them sends his lawsuit to blackmail us for money good enough to make this ATM system safer by 0.1 percent :}

perfectenergy
3rd Oct 2015, 14:52
The more failures the machine promises to deliver, the less complacency their management have. India have given up this crappy machine and Dubai has already formed their new project team to buy a safer machine. :ok: Hkg is the only customer of this dangerous machine on earth.

One piece of advice to them: strengthen the system failure procedures :\

VSD
10th Oct 2015, 09:51
Simulator always crashes but safe to use because it is a simulator using the same software of the main system. The backup system seems safe to use because it is a different software from another company. Overall speaking, ATM system is very safe. For such a safe system, why not save it in a safe to preserve it.

SuzieWong
12th Oct 2015, 10:01
Oh. False alarm. We heard that the group told its only display driver in the radar display that failed and cause whole sim to crash
lucky its not somethings too important. :-(
lucky it can't happen in the real system... oh, it can?? Oh dear.

VSD
12th Oct 2015, 10:43
One display driver can cause the whole simulator failure, how many other interface drivers are not tested, they are not plug and play?? :ugh: Where is the safeguard? God bless them. Same software and same hardware in both simulator and real system?

perfectenergy
14th Oct 2015, 12:51
UNIFO, bad weather is good. The new system is designed for this condition because ATC would normally impose heavy flow restrictions to the neighbouring ACC. With reduced traffic volume, we would be able to manage the workload the cracky system give us.

delay_no_more
16th Oct 2015, 14:21
who cares the system is safe or not, management want to commit an earliest day one so that their boss can retire with his big pension. the day one is realised on the expense of safety.

JL, send your best friend another letter and tell him no more delay.

Chingchung
25th Oct 2015, 10:08
:ok: Frontpage again!

????? ?????? ???????? - ???? (http://orientaldaily.on.cc/cnt/news/20151025/00174_001.html)
??????? ?????? - ???? (http://orientaldaily.on.cc/cnt/news/20151025/00176_002.html)
??????? ?????? - ???? (http://orientaldaily.on.cc/cnt/news/20151025/00176_003.html)

The whole business is really unsafe rather than the machine........except the engineers' pension. Shame of you :mad:

brother4
30th Oct 2015, 15:48
The simulator is not safe to use but the live system might be safe to use because we never try it.

lee.ho.ma
31st Oct 2015, 14:51
Did Mama (Lam Cheng) say the new system is safe to use?

APP
2nd Nov 2015, 10:02
DG is blamed as head of the tree but it is our current ADG who as chief of evaluation section decided to buy this rotten system. He still said that we can use it to satisfy his boss and his own career interest, he has no interest in helping us get over the problems, at least the ADG before him said we move in only if everyone is happy, now we move into regardless because the one who is the ultimately responsible for the rot is in charge :ugh:

LapSap
2nd Nov 2015, 12:10
Cummon APP.
I don't think much of the new system either but at least if you're going to get personal, stick to the facts.
Current ADG had zero to do with the selection of the new system.
That was wholly and solely under Project Office in AESD at the time.
You know that, so stop talking crap.

Lee.ho.ma you're a nasty piece of work. Will get back to you later. Couldn't undermine CAD from one side of the road, so you're doing it from the other?
Knock it off.

P.S. Suggest you get a better camera if you're going to send photos in the Centre to the SCMP

lee.ho.ma
2nd Nov 2015, 14:06
Lapsap, don't shift the attention, I suspect it was you bring the camera to the centre. What is your next focus? Very scary to have you sitting next to me.

SeeMyToe
2nd Nov 2015, 22:59
I just want to make a few points about this fiasco.

This decision on the selection of this system was not that of anyone in the CAD and that includes the DGCA, the Project Team or anyone else.

The decision was made by Government. With all of the work the project Team did on the technical merit of the bidders, it only counted for 35% toward the selection process. 65% came from the cost of the bid. The company that won the bid, deliberately bid low with the idea of making their money after the successful tender by requiring more money to fix the problems which were going to occur. It also allowed them to develop their system without paying development costs. Guess what, that's exactly what happened.

One of the original bidders pulled out because there was no way they could match the successful bidder on cost.

I don't know anyone on the Project Team who would have selected the winning bid.

All of those involved on the Project Team worked extremely hard to get the sort of radar they would have liked to use themselves, however, in the end, it was not their decision. It was the Hong Kong Government's decision based on cost.

If the DGCA made any mistake, it was that of not enough resources for the task. Anyone in Project Management knows that with any project, you need a bow wave of extra people with expertise to do the job up front, including proper training and documentation as occurred with the move to Chek Lap Kok. Either he was reluctant to, or the Government would not provide those resources and instead chose to staff the Project Team from within CAD. This meant staff shortages at the coalface and we have been suffering from the result of this decision ever since.

APP
3rd Nov 2015, 00:08
Let's face the facts
1. ADG came to team briefing to tell us the system failure was normal and will be fixed, we wrote pages of comments after the training and never get addressed,
2. He then removed 2 of the most senior guys from the project and replace them with his yes man/woman, then he remove the only person from the regulator office who knows what is going on,
3. He also removed the clause which said we do not move in the weather season,
4. He was acting ADG AESD for a long while, he knows the system is rotten.
Finally now he is forcing us into the fire and this is not personal. He doesn't have to struggle with it, we do.
If we cast a vote as to wheher the controllers accept the system you can guess what will be the result?

LapSap
3rd Nov 2015, 00:12
Nice to see a rational post on here.
Well said.
Yes, I should have indicated that it was only the technical assessment part done by Projects.
But I assume it must have been technically compliant for it to make it to the cost part.
Where did that go wrong????

As one of the EU guys says, if the project had had a reasonable timeline from the beginning (5 years anywhere else in the World!) instead of the ridiculously short 23 months it wouldn't have been the fiasco it is.

There's a very apt picture circulating of what the project now looks like, in construction terms. Will try to find and post.

LapSap
3rd Nov 2015, 06:49
Not the one doing the rounds but similar.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/PV81o99Nco4/hqdefault.jpg

Caption says "Foundations=System delivery incomplete, Walls=Imagination-based adaptation, Roof=Out-of-the-Box procedures. Decorators are already half way through painting (Training)"

lee.ho.ma
3rd Nov 2015, 15:11
The engineer who invented 23 months to complete this ATMS project is being promoted three times in five years. This is how dg create his horse stalls culture. He once said to his subordinates "do not 對號入座" but then he creates a bunch of shoe shiner, yes sir, no problem, etc. No wonder the morale in cad is such dichotomy.....either dying of brushing or dying of working too hard. dg is now paying his debt. Anyway, the more you complaint these people, the quicker they are being promoted.

Guys, avoid log in this forum account in work premises with their wifi, the watchdog in HQ can track you.

LapSap, where is dg's bathroom in that haunted house?? :E

truffier
4th Nov 2015, 02:28
The controllers in HK are faced with working with an ageing system, which is already in ICU status, or an inadequate new system, which is likely to be under construction forever. Yet, the HKATCA are not saying a word ! I feel sorry for them.

EARLY-GO
8th Nov 2015, 12:06
1. Staff morale is all time low.....WRONG.....you feel highly motivated when you are having an early-go.
2. sickie almost everyday.....WRONG.....not everyday, we have extra staff sometimes.
3. difficult to get leave.....WRONG.....there are lots of compassionate leave opportunities and many leaves are approved.
4. >80 ATCO IIIs waiting for courses due the "new center" project.....WRONG....they are still very well paid.
5. ATCOs on leave are constantly receiving whatsapp/ phone calls to replace sickie.....WRONG.....you have an option to ignore these messages.
6. Scandals about STM3 and SATCO training in Global ATS?.....Don't know what you are taking about.
7. The ultimate bomb - 3rd runway project.....Proof it is a bomb.

One thing is always RIGHT, we have early-go almost every watch, what a beautiful place here.

LapSap
8th Nov 2015, 13:16
EARLY-GO
Your powers of logic are astounding.
0/7
Please see me after class.

foxtrot zulu
12th Nov 2015, 12:58
An innovative engineer designed the ATM project to be finished in 23 months won all the prizes.........being promoted three times in a few years' time. He now successfully passes the buck to the users who make all the noises including this one. No ATM system in the world can be completed within 23 months. This cr:mad:py system would take 23 years. On behalf of all ops colleagues, thank you for your innovative idea. Looks like you need to invent more pragmatic idea so that the DDGCA post can still be reserved for you. This machine is nightmare to all of us, I hope you share our concern and do not sleep well every night.

youknowwho
16th Nov 2015, 15:58
Yes, Yes, Surely truely the system was absolutely "Normal" my Lord. especially you know, it occurred at RAT only, and the so called Reliability Acceptance Test has nothing to do with the CORE FUNCTIONS.

lepsap
18th Nov 2015, 11:14
let me educate the new member: it is just one of the many core functions like what you described as plural. there are many core functions in this rubbish. all these functions are designed to generate workload. no wonder they could sell to india with so many cheap labour. is this system a free gift to india which bought a lot of missiles from this company? :*:eek:

Trafalgar
18th Nov 2015, 11:56
Hmmmm, even the written communication is as clear as what I hear on the radio most days. Here is my shocked face :eek:

LapSap
18th Nov 2015, 12:29
Indeed Trafalgar.
The vast majority are very good though.
A new record hourly movement today I'm reliably told.

youknowwho; yes, we know who. Give it a rest. Your daily pseudonyms are getting kind of predictable.
Lot of work to be done; but what's the alternative?
Answers on a blue transfer slip please. In triplicate. It's HK you know.
(I swear I saw carbon paper in the ATCX the other day)

youknowwho
19th Nov 2015, 12:53
Sure there are a lot work to be done. but by Who? and What?

What about those you paid for, yet end up DIY. Sure that is good training I believe.

Well, Don't just mention India or Dubai here. have a look at NZ, SG, MY. or even Incheon, Chengdu. :}

youknowwho
19th Nov 2015, 13:59
It made me wonder, If the new ANC can made to work with the old AT1, why can't AT3 make to work with the other existing subsystems?

Instead of spreading resources all around to build every single piece brand new from scratch and finished in the wrong order, Why can't made AT3 work first?

It is like giving birth, every bits' out, except the head.

youknowwho
20th Nov 2015, 13:51
How long has ATCC been completed by now? how long has AT3 been running there?

Have you ever notice how many days ATCC left deserted? how often you found anyone were doing anything there? it doesn't look like there are a lot of work to be done at all.

HK? it is more like another planet

Beholder
24th Nov 2015, 09:35
The current setting might not work for lower than current capacity. An arbitrary percentage of reduction might not sufficiently highlight the problems in this new (old, as a matter of fact) system. Aren't you aware of some funny system behaviour that would paralyse the operation during the conversion training? Try to be more vigilant in Module 4 and Module 5. :E

youknowwho
25th Nov 2015, 14:17
Right from the Boston days til now.

Adaptation didn't even had the minimum data to activate all major functions and allow more realistic scenario to run.

Yet, the system managed to get pass so many "Acceptance Test".

The Raytheon guys knew you have to accept it, no matter what they throw at you.

The smart people of Hong Kong will just make it work, in 23 months.

TOIL
4th Dec 2015, 13:47
Foxtrot.Z, that guy would certainly sleep well as such a person can bring down cad, what else he cannot do for his own goodness. Surprised to know 23 months to complete this project, it must be a myth, a miracle! He must be a harbinger of all engineering works, a model in engineering world. :ok::E

VSD
8th Dec 2015, 14:35
23 months completion time for such a complex project must be a new Guinness World Record. Well deserved many promotions!:D

youknowwho
8th Dec 2015, 15:04
No, it was well completed since the beginning.

The 23 long months was given just for you old people to take up the new system.

A-GPS
9th Dec 2015, 13:44
23 months is very long, we can get a instrument rating.

delay_no_more
11th Dec 2015, 11:22
News from HQ, we would use the new system in terminal areas. Can't wait to see this happen soon.

john_null
11th Dec 2015, 23:07
TCAS_RA is not something they would care about but earliest use of the new system so that they can escape from ma ma's watching.

john_null
11th Dec 2015, 23:12
Well said :ok:

An innovative engineer designed the ATM project to be finished in 23 months won all the prizes.........being promoted three times in a few years' time. He now successfully passes the buck to the users who make all the noises including this one. No ATM system in the world can be completed within 23 months. This crpy system would take 23 years. On behalf of all ops colleagues, thank you for your innovative idea. Looks like you need to invent more pragmatic idea so that the DDGCA post can still be reserved for you. This machine is nightmare to all of us, I hope you share our concern and do not sleep well every night.

He and his bosses should be transferred to look after our high-speed rail project.

youknowwho
12th Dec 2015, 05:06
He and his bosses should be transferred to look after our high-speed rail project.

It is the other way around. Every MTR project had similar stories. it is more like they tried but didn't learn properly from MTR. Nevertheless, MTR fired their lousy bosses a lot quicker.

AsPerDesign
13th Dec 2015, 11:54
News from HQ, we would use the new system in terminal areas. Can't wait to see this happen soon.

How can we run two different systems with the current manpower?? I still want to take some vacation leave in the first half of 2016.

EARLY-GO
18th Dec 2015, 12:21
Can anyone confirm the guy who wrote the procedure is being fired? Hope to see a better writer, the one we are trained on is workload driven. He should be fired earlier.

Chingchung
21st Dec 2015, 01:24
This is how dg create his horse stalls culture. He once said to his subordinates "do not 對號入座" but then he creates a bunch of shoe shiner, yes sir, no problem, etc.

shoe shiner.....sounds like someone in project.:E:E:E

LapSap
21st Dec 2015, 13:00
"Can anyone confirm the guy who wrote the procedure is being fired? Hope to see a better writer, the one we are trained on is workload driven. He should be fired earlier."

Nice work EARLY-GO.

Nothing like playing the man and not the ball.

You think the guys over there take any joy in having make the thing work to your satisfaction? Its a dog's breakfast.

Focus on the real problem, not the poor guys trying to make it work.

Feel free to offer your services if you think you could do better.

You make me sick

EARLY-GO
22nd Dec 2015, 12:40
Sarcasm works well.

Everything is bad except there is still early go in the day one operations. The engineers are laughing at us, the blame successfully passed to atmd that the head of us accepted it because of his evil agenda.

Sometimes, being fired is good. We will be very surprised if any tailored-made procedure would work on this system with only 16 days Detail Design Review with the contractor.

Our great engineering chief + engineering head + ddgca, may I have your attention now. Thank you for your bright idea: 23 months to have a sophisticated system work as per design, 16 days DDR (as compared to 9 months spent in AT1 project), give-away of safety requirements, etc etc. Countless of wrongdoings.....now you pass all the fault to the users - controller and assistant. I now formally curse your act.

Time for a decent break, Mike!

Beholder
28th Dec 2015, 09:52
Not sure if it is safer the new system only happens on approach and tower. An engineer said they were quite ready to support the two-centre operation.

A-GPS
11th Jan 2016, 08:28
You guys are having a difficult time, I hope someone can translate the following in English.

:}???? ????????? ?????? - ???? (http://orientaldaily.on.cc/cnt/news/20160111/00174_001.html)
:confused:???????? ?????? - ???? (http://orientaldaily.on.cc/cnt/news/20160111/00176_001.html)
:{?????????? - ???? (http://orientaldaily.on.cc/cnt/news/20160111/00176_002.html)

I thought three miles separation is the minimum not four miles.

FAD
12th Jan 2016, 15:31
18 days of Detailed Design Review (2 days on console) for this air traffic control system, what do you expect???

john_null
17th Jan 2016, 08:27
Our DG decides to run away earlier than expected, does it mean the new ATM system is confirmed very "unsafe"? OMG! :eek:

TOIL
17th Jan 2016, 10:49
"..........run away earlier than expected.........."

Would you mind share with us?

john_null
17th Jan 2016, 15:29
He will leave in this Sept and cannot extend three months.

youknowwho
18th Jan 2016, 14:09
Sept is not early at all unless he takes the system with him.

Even if that allows to happen, you may just have another 23 months.

lee.ho.ma
19th Jan 2016, 12:53
Your director, once said hk controller is a factory worker, will leave in May this year.

TOIL
20th Jan 2016, 11:58
So when will ICAC arrest him and his fellow DDG, ADGs?

ICAC will not interrogate them as they are running out of coffee, besides, they are not committing any crime in corruption, they are just all rapists.

ICAC: Independent Commission Against Corruption (Hong Kong)

youknowwho
20th Jan 2016, 12:53
Would there be any chance that AT3 go with him?

At the end of the day, do the whoever/wooever knowing what really need to be done? and getting what we need?

TOIL
20th Jan 2016, 13:28
At the end of 23 years, the whoever/whoever will know what really need to be done and get what we need...........but, the contractor will, again, use a ridiculous low tender price to cheat CAD. The new system is a fake system, it can only handle four aeroplanes in holding pattern. Whoever try to handle six (as required) will get caught by this state of the art label design.

youknowwho
20th Jan 2016, 15:44
I am not so sure the contractor was the only one trying to cheat here, at the first place.

The legendary 23 months is more than a perfect match for the ridiculous price

EARLY-GO
21st Jan 2016, 07:11
follow strictly to what needs to be entered into this garbage system otherwise the system will punish you by not allow you to key in anything.

youknowwho
21st Jan 2016, 13:42
Just look at how ASA rated RTN for Onesky (page 3)
http://auntypru.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Airservices-OneSKY-Document.pdf (http://auntypru.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Airservices-OneSKY-Document.pdfhttp://)

youknowwho
21st Jan 2016, 14:55
Keep seeing the word CAATS everywhere in AT3, didn't realized until seeing this old thread here (http://www.pprune.org/atc-issues/14467-canadian-automated-air-traffic-system-caats.html). That is really something before AT2.

youknowwho
22nd Jan 2016, 14:13
The ancestor of AT3, CAATS was done some 15 years ago, but it still appeared in The Vancouver Sun (http://www.vancouversun.com/health/alone+bungling+computer+projects/11589163/story.html?__lsa=6cc8-5b1b) recently as a bad examples.

The Canadian Automated Air-Traffic system was 11 years late and, at $1 billion, more than 50 per cent over budget.
Transport Canada continually tolerated problems in its early development, putting the project behind schedule and in danger of collapse with more than 5,300 ordered changes to the system. It then admitted the project had become a “mess.”
The federal government dumped that mess in 1996 onto Nav Canada, as part of its privatization of Canada’s air navigation service.
Nav Canada, now a private corporation, took a different approach — demanding $7 million in penalties from a contractor, threatening to make its own system outside of the contract and making it clear to software firms there was no further changing of the project’s scope.
In the end, hundreds of millions of extra dollars were spent on a system that now forms the backbone of the nation’s air traffic system.

Looking at this, RTN are pretty decent this time compare with what they done to the Canadians.

TOIL
22nd Jan 2016, 14:36
Comm'on, it is an old news, let bygone be bygone. Let uncle buy you ice cream and don't make noise, ok? If you don't like ice cream, what about give you some TOIL??

LapSap
23rd Jan 2016, 01:42
Who wants either in this miserable weather?

lepsap
23rd Jan 2016, 09:57
The more I read the more I shake not because of the cold weather.....this thing is really a useless tool.

Canada’s air traffic control system: It was supposed to replace Canada’s aging flight data technology, but the new air traffic control system was 11 years overdue, and its $1 billion cost was 50 per cent more than Ottawa had budgeted. The project was hampered by more than 5,300 changes requested by Transport Canada, but also benefited from the involvement of Nav Canada, the private corporation that manages Canada’s airspace, which held contractors to timelines and demanded penalties to finish the system.

Right now the project is three years delay, I don't think we can wait for 11 years, however, I also worry we don't wait for 11 years but risk for hard opening.

What a dichotomy! :(

youknowwho
23rd Jan 2016, 15:10
http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewt...p?f=68&t=42425 (http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=42425)

seemed like it took even longer that 11 years, it sounded more like the canadian just gave up on RTN to get it usable, and just took whatever RTN deliveried at the end of that 11 year.

NAV CAN have to further work and self develop CAATS after RTN's delivery, and made it usable eventually.

All it ended up with:
CAATS is working at the limits of its capabilities

Chingchung
24th Jan 2016, 01:34
The Canadian Automated Air-Traffic system was 11 years late and, at $1 billion, more than 50 per cent over budget.

That is a fair statement. We are half way through....five more years before able to use this rubbish. It is not a matter of over budget, it is because this company used a ridiculous low bid price to get the entrance ticket and after signing contract, they said they won't do this and that, not in the contract etc. Anyway this company is famous in cheating customer. All in all, cheating is ok if they can deliver a usable product to customer that the customer can still say buying an expensive toy but the present situation is different, the toy is not usable, its catastrophic design could lead to catastrophic failure.

Pragmatically hopeless.

Beholder
16th Feb 2016, 10:16
Guys, do you notice that AT3 is installed in center in ATCX? What is that for? Can they replace our ageing AT1 display?

Beholder
29th Oct 2016, 14:22
The thread sounds familiar to recent crash. Here is today SCMP:

Delayed take-off: Further hold up for HK$1.5 billion Raytheon AutoTrac III air traffic control system | South China Morning Post (http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/politics/article/1930053/delayed-take-further-hold-hk15-billion-raytheon-autotrac-iii)

Trafalgar
30th Oct 2016, 09:06
I am waiting for the OFFICIAL HKAOA letter to the head of the CAD, inquiring as to the verified integrity and safety of the new system. Without a certified letter on record confirming such guarantees, the HKAOA and it's members should loudly and publicly refuse to be subject to such a system. Crickets.....

Yonosoy Marinero
30th Oct 2016, 16:16
Here is today SCMP:

Hmmm... nope. That article is from March 25th.

I haven't seen anything about it in the news lately. Not that it means all is well, obviously.

goathead
30th Oct 2016, 22:09
Traf Iis too busy training his replacement and whinging at the same time about it ,and he has to write up those eras reports
Give him a break please.

McNugget
31st Oct 2016, 01:15
Traf, I suggest you compose a well-researched draft yourself

Ha. Expect more than hot air and vitriol from Trafalgar the Trainer? Good one, CR.

APP
31st Oct 2016, 08:04
AT3 system logic is full of bugs and can crash anytime, at least half the controllers are not ready or trained enough to operate it, when my console ceases I will tell you all to keep a good lookout for traffic and wish you the best of luck. The bosses will still push it so that they can justify asking the local airlines to cut flights but if they are a conscience they know it is a flawed system

atfso
31st Oct 2016, 09:43
HKATCA said we are all ready, so be it.

空管系統甩轆 職方撐指初期或現非預知情況
???????????????????? - ???? (http://hk.on.cc/hk/bkn/cnt/news/20161031/bkn-20161031120431410-1031_00822_001.html)

azhkman
1st Nov 2016, 01:31
Not 100% related, but 85-90% related there is an article from a few days ago: Another delay for Hong Kong?s new air traffic control system, with probe launched | South China Morning Post (http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/economy/article/2041031/another-delay-hong-kongs-new-air-traffic-control-system-probe)

And, when egos out weigh safety, it's time to leave HK.

Just add it to the list:
Seven out of 10 Hongkongers think the city has become a worse place in which to live, survey says | South China Morning Post (http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/2041599/seven-out-10-hongkongers-think-its-worse-live-city)

And do remember that there are real people like myself in these planes, and I don't have a death wish yet.

perfectenergy
1st Nov 2016, 11:09
And do remember that there are real people like myself in these planes, and I don't have a death wish yet.

If there isn't any change before our DAY ONE operation (14 Nov), I think you should make one wish. Oh yes, make a MAIN wish and a FALLBACK wish. It is always good to make an ULTIMATE FALLBACK wish too.

By the way, there is a new software build just days before DAY ONE operation, I hope they test it well with live traffic.

troposcatter
1st Nov 2016, 13:16
PFI Readiness, 'self assessment' form. Scale 1 - 5. 1=completely not ready
2 and below, 'not ready' and you will receive more time under supervision.
3 or above , you are considered ready for day one ops. 60% as an acceptable standard for live ops is nothing short of sub-standard and it should be only a '5' i.e. completely ready as the only acceptable mark, and should be by an 'examiner'.
Do you get to go 'live' / fly your 'jet' solo, with a pass rate of 60%, and self assessment. No!

New build: A new 'build' download' on a brand new system only days before going 'live', is asking for trouble and adds another level of risk, (risk management?).

AsPerDesign
1st Nov 2016, 14:06
Why new build at this late stage? Perhaps.....

http://www.spiritual-board.com/uploads/images/mind-control-consciousness.jpg