PDA

View Full Version : Fleur Telecom?

Private jet
12th Aug 2015, 11:16
Received a letter this morning (quite unusual these days!) from my ISP, that behemoth of 'good customer service' Talk Talk.

It seems that from an unspecified date "in the autumn" my internet and landline will be transferred (read as dumped) to a new provider called Fleur Telecom.
I've done a bit of online research and it seems that its a new company that's only been running a few months and that 108000 ADSL users are being dumped, sorry, transferred to this new set up. Package cost is up £2 per month and the dreaded 12 month minimum contract of course.
I understand that those being dumped are all non LLU connections so it's obvious why this is happening. Some are ex Virgin and Tesco customers who were transferred to Talk Talk (I was originally Tiscali) and are being dumped for the 2nd time now.
I have been seriously thinking of going to a provider like Zen for some time now, if they'll take on a non LLU line, I've not asked them. Other than that its move to Fleur (12 month contract and no track record of service) or the dreaded BT who we all know about! So much for customer choice. I think that Corbyn chap might just be on to something with talk of nationalisation haha.

5711N0205W
12th Aug 2015, 11:54
This was the choice presented to my Mother after being pushed from Virgin Media to Talk Talk who then decided they didn't want it... mover her to BT, relatively painless..

Procrastinus
13th Aug 2015, 11:48
Having had the run around with faults - 'It's your ISP - No, it's your phone line', I always use the line provider as my ISP. No excuses then.
To be fair, BTinternet and previously France Telecom were then fine.

Keef
14th Aug 2015, 00:28
BT is OK if you can get through to the UK call centre when you have a problem. Most folks local to me who are with BT have horror stories of days of delay with the Indian call centre before anything got escalated to a man in an exchange in the UK. Some have moved to PlusNet (owned by BT but run very separately) and are happy.

I pay the extra for IDNet. Not "cheap", but when things go wrong, I speak to someone in the UK who tests it there and then, tells me what he's found, and gets it fixed quickly.

Ancient Observer
15th Aug 2015, 16:25
Whilst plus net staff talk English as their first language, if you do have a problem with their service, it is the ever loved BT that has to solve it. My daughter's speed has gone from 6 - 8 Mbps which plus net said she should get to 1.5.
Plus net said that was acceptable speed. Escalate said daughter. She now has to grapple with BT via Plusnet, which is worse than doing it direct.

Rossian
3rd Sep 2015, 11:46
...having just received the same letter as the OP does anyone know anything about Fleur telecom? Is it an already established ISP? Does anyone have any experience of them? It just seems to be a vacuum.

Taltalk are just saying "people like you are just too difficult to give any real service to, so p*ss off"

Why are ISPs so bloody dreadful and useless?

The Ancient Mariner

P.Pilcher
7th Sep 2015, 18:57
I have been with Plusnet for years and never had a problem. Three months ago I moved so used them to provide my landline plus telephone as well. I was promised a service on June 8th. On that day a man from Openreach appeared and tested the existing line to my new premises - which hadn't been used for 5 years. He had problems as some exchange equipment proved faulty. My telephone and broadband service was established after a further 3 days and several more visits from the Openreach man. The last time broadband was supplied to my premises, according to the previous owner, it took BT about 6 weeks to supply it after they said they could!
At least Plusnet know who to contact at BT to get things done.

P.P.

Ancient Observer
8th Sep 2015, 13:27
I wish plusnet were consistent.

The Openreach man visiting my daughter's flat said there was clearly a problem at the Exchange.
Plusnet have refused to even investigate the Exchange.

lupodimilo
10th Sep 2015, 21:18
I've been with Zen for five years on a non-LLU line
Absolutely rock stable service, excellent support on the rare occasion I've had to call them
More expensive than the rest, but worth it just for the UK call centre

P.Pilcher
11th Sep 2015, 11:15
Sorry to read that: you can only say as you find.

P.P.

Lincs_Flyer
25th Sep 2015, 14:35
I too am being discarded, sorry, transferred by TalkTalk to Fleur. After checking my speed this afternoon and finding my ping to be 894ms, downstream 0.56Mb and upstream 0.09MB I can only think that anything must be an improvement! Has anyone tried to send emails lately, only to be greeted with the message "Too many connections to this server"? It's happening too often.

P.S.
I'm told the transfer date is 31st October.