PDA

View Full Version : Freighter Rumour

Trafalgar
12th Aug 2015, 00:18
Just heard the following. CX is transferring all the -400 freighters to Air Hong Kong. They are then planning on hiring direct entry Captains and FO's to crew them. Apparently they have already started interviewing. All of the CX pilots currently flying them will be incorporated into the pax fleets. Can you say "another 2-4 year delay to command" for those of us about to upgrade? This is the only way CX can deal with the crew shortage....simply shrink the airline. For those of you here in 1994, welcome to ASL mark II. :ugh:

Oval3Holer
12th Aug 2015, 00:50
There are not very many -400 freighters left, are there? How many?

Avinthenews
12th Aug 2015, 00:59
If the plan is to only have the -8F, then think it's about 10 aircraft (including the a BCF coming back next month?)

Around 10 captains per aircraft oddly so bottom 80-100 Hong Kong based captains may end up crewing the A330? to free on type guys for the A350?

And going to train them how? :D

This must be how things work in China, leaders of the new world, yea right!

However if it's not including the ERFs, then I'm guessing 4? Which appears to be more reasonable, drop the 3 pax fleet too and I'm guessing that would free up maybe 40-50 captains for the bus? Plus a suitable amount of FOs.

Remove the 11? 777 classics going to KA and the companies crewing problems are solved :ugh:

cxorcist
12th Aug 2015, 01:57
If one uses the NGFMC upgrade as the metric, there are 4 (of 5) RR production -400s not getting the new FMCs. One might presume those are the aircraft destined for AHK. The ERFs, HUP, and the BCF from the desert are getting the new FMCs, presumably for ops within CX. However, it's not hard to imagine a gradual AHK takeover of CX freighter regional ops, at least in part if not whole.

White None
12th Aug 2015, 02:42
Just heard the following
OK I'll bite - from where? Little hint ? In the past, occasionally, Pruners, may, allegedly have posed, thought provoking imaginative scenarios for their own amusement. Not that I'm questioning this one - just want to help you shut up those pesky doubters :=

Moer toe
12th Aug 2015, 03:00
This is the only way CX can deal with the crew shortage....simply shrink the airline.

Not really, what about 3 man long haul and 2 man Aus flights. That should free up a few spare hands.

Scoreboard
12th Aug 2015, 03:36
ASL veta mark two.....here we go again...rehash bright OLD ideas

mngmt mole
12th Aug 2015, 03:42
I also heard this last week. This will mean a 2+ year delay to Command upgrades for many senior FO's. CX, the caring company. Rewarding career? Only if you are senior management. On another note, can you believe the arrogance in this statement from AT:

" Available Day Reintroduction

In the event of an unfavourable vote and RPs becoming Company policy, a separate communication will be issued to detail the administrative process that needs to be followed for individuals to apply for A Days, how individual eligibility is determined and what documents may need to be filled out by some to comply with the A Days provisions. Notwithstanding the considerable manual processes for determining individual eligibility, we hope to have the first A Days on the October roster for those who apply for them, keeping in mind that there will always be need for some reserve in our bases, as in the past. "

They really seem to think that acting contrary to every other first world airline when it comes to commuters is going to end well. They can stuff their "administrative process" right where the sun doesn't shine.

geh065
12th Aug 2015, 07:17
AHK is 40% owned by DHL isn't it? So by CX giving regional ops to AHK they are essentially giving away 40% of the profit to another shareholder aren't they?

Although I suppose they could do a wet-lease where CX leases those 747s back from AHK at cost and pockets the profits themselves and hope DHL doesn't protest too much. Gosh I should go into management.

aussieav8or
12th Aug 2015, 09:38
I belive that ALL B747-400's which will be operating in and out of HKG will require the NGFMC as a result of the RNP requirements.

From what engineering have said, all 3 of those BCF's that AHK already have are being refitted as we speak!!

Interesting times....

Trafalgar
12th Aug 2015, 11:17
In this company, where there is some smoke there is usually some fire. :ooh: As far as threats to upgrade go, I hope this IS just a rumour.

mngmt mole
12th Aug 2015, 11:29
Well, at least we know that the rumour about Sydney freighter pilots being d#cks is true. :D

(and btw, Traf said he had 'heard' the rumour, he wasn't commenting on it's veracity)

VR-HFX
12th Aug 2015, 12:01
So a slab from the bus to the 2 stroke tractor and then a slab from the 4 stroke tractor to the bus. That makes as much sense as anything I have seen in the past 10 years.

But as Silber says...everyone loves a rumour.

GTC58
12th Aug 2015, 15:58
Even if this rumour is true. There are many freighter captains who have a 2008 seniority and are not able to hold a passenger command. So what are they doing with them? Downgrade to FO?

Trafalgar
12th Aug 2015, 16:13
....and what part of the 'rules' do you think AT is planning on adhering to? just asking.

Twiglet1
12th Aug 2015, 20:26
Similar thread over at EK ref their 777 freighters going to Atlas, would ease their alleged "crisis" on establishment. Finding xx 777 crews different kettle of fish so maybe rumour started by same pesky pilots.

Pogie
13th Aug 2015, 15:27
I wish this was true -- so I could get off this crap fleet!

Glass Half Empty
15th Aug 2015, 23:01
That is absolutely correct. From an unpeachable source too.

Glass Half Empty
15th Aug 2015, 23:05
Sorry meant impeachable........can't distinguish between the fruits and the liars in this place!!! La La....

Arfur Dent
15th Aug 2015, 23:15
Did you actually mean UNimpeachable ie 'reliable'?
Just askin'......

Oval3Holer
16th Aug 2015, 02:05
He's got very close veins

Basil
16th Aug 2015, 10:00
Well, well, the hatred directed at those who transferred at 55 to ASL all wasted as the whole kit and caboodle goes west. :E

MENELAUS
16th Aug 2015, 20:24
Believe me; it ain't the longhaul dream. Shocking rosters and b@ggared about from dawn 'til dusk. Still if you like The Qube, crap catering and Anchorage you're the man.
Thanks for adding fuel to the fire btw. :}:D

Basil
17th Aug 2015, 11:03
Anchorage
F St Station, Pioneer Bar, ABC, regrettably no Birdhouse now, ski in winter, fish in summer - what's not to like?

OK4Wire
18th Aug 2015, 09:14
I'm sorry, Frank; do we not get 4 days off there anymore??:rolleyes:

Basil
18th Aug 2015, 16:07
OK4 & Frank, Ah, that bad. Sorry to hear it.

cithos
22nd Aug 2015, 14:16
F Street Station? Still going? It opened maybe thirty five years ago just in time for the first CX freighter services. The girls at that time were about twenty five years old ... presumably they are now thinking about drawing their pensions? Just like the Red Lips Bar in TST where the ladies have been in continuous employment since 1965. Often wearing the same pair of carpet slippers. "You want good time sailor-boy?". That's what they used to say whilst smearing on yet another layer of cherry-red lipstick.