PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair booking date error

Sober Lark
9th Aug 2015, 21:58
As my credit card payment was being processed Sober Lark realised the outbound date was 10th December instead of 11th Dec. Booking went through. Tried to contact customer service online, by chat, by phone but all closed. I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to contact them. Within one minute of booking, in 'manage booking' it shows a EUR30 charge to change to 11th. Is there a cooling off period or does the change fee apply? If I don't fly outbound with them is inbound cancelled? Thanks.

ExXB
10th Aug 2015, 06:23
They won't cancel yhe return if you don't use the outbound.

Have a look at their terms and conditions to see if they give a cooling off period. I don't believe there is an EU rule that eequires it, yet.

The new Regulation 261 apparently has such a rule, but progress on that is being held up over Gibraltar!

Sober Lark
10th Aug 2015, 08:03
Thanks ExXb.

Went onto their web chat this morning. Wait time 8 minutes got through in 11 which I found better than waiting on the phone. No fuss the agent agreed to change the outbound flight by only charging the difference between the ticket prices. As there was no difference there was no charge so I've just received my amended schedule for the flights I wanted with no fee charged. All in all 10/10 for customer service.

farci
10th Aug 2015, 08:57
Glad it worked out Sober Lark. +1 from me for the 'new cuddly Ryanair' customer service. I made a genuine double booking recently and it was amended without drama or charge.

Also interesting to note that APD refunds for cancelled flights no longer attract an 'admin charge' greater than the tax claimed.

An example of competition working for the punter?

gearontheglide
12th Aug 2015, 09:26
Unfortunately farci, -1 from me. I recently made a booking with Ryanair. My mistake, I used the name by which my better half is known rather than that on her passport. As soon as the booking went through I realized my mistake and amended it straight away. Unfortunately, and despite my protestations and Ryanair's declared new fluffy 'we actually listen to our customers' approach to customer service, it still cost me an extra 110 Euros to do a name change myself.

I know it was my simple mistake, but I corrected it within 5 minutes, it was weeks before the flight and Ryanair were not involved in the process and it still cost me 110 Euros. Flight was good though but expensive!

Simplythebeast
12th Aug 2015, 11:01
Ryanair recently changed their condirions and you now get 24 hrs to make minor adjustments to bookings free of charge. This from their website...
"Customers who book directly on the Ryanair.com website have a 24 hour grace period from the time of original booking, to correct any minor errors (i.e. spelling of names, incorrect routings/dates) made in their original booking..."

gearontheglide
12th Aug 2015, 12:20
Thanks for that - had not spotted it. Will go back to Ryanair and see what they see and if they are indeed a more fluffy airline now!