PDA

View Full Version : HELP, HELP, HELP!!!!!!!!

g-okay
25th Jul 2001, 22:02
NEED SOME HELP? THIS TIME LAST WEEK I HAD THE BIGEST KNOCK BACK OF MY LIFE, ALL I EVER WANTED WAS TO BE IN THE RAF (PILOT) PASSED THE APP TEST IT WAS ALL GOING GREAT, THEN I WAS TOLD THAT I HAD FAILED ON THE MEDICAL. SO NOW I LOOK TO THE AIRLINES, BUT I HAVE NEVER REALY LOOKED AT THEM IN GREAT DEPTH SO I COME TO YOU FOR HELP.

I HAVE HAD A F/S FROM THE RAF, AND HAVE MY PPL (72HOURS).
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY FOR ME TO GO? WHAT TYPE OF SCHOLS ARE OUT THERE? WHO R THE BEST PEOPLE TO TALK TOO? IS THERE ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN IN MY POSIS?

THANKS ALL, A VERY GUTTED G-OKAY. THANKS :mad: :mad: :mad:

Luke SkyToddler
26th Jul 2001, 00:15
Sounds funny to find out the bad news now, particularly since all the F/S people are supposed to be given a full air crew medical at Cranwell before they are awarded the scholarship ... whats up with that?

BEagle
26th Jul 2001, 00:21
Did you fail on eyesight, by any chance? It seems that the current RAF-quack obsession is with everyone needing impossible eyesight standards.

Your best bet - although expensive - would be to get a JAA Class 1 medical. Then you will know whether you can ever be a professional pilot - you've already demonstrated adequate aptitude! Best of luck!!

g-okay
26th Jul 2001, 01:03
IT WAS THE OLD EARS THAT THEY GOT ME ON, IT SEEMS THAT I CANT HEAR 1 FRQ IN ONE OF MY EARS. THEY DID PICK SOMTHING UP WHEN I WENT FOR THE SCOL IN FEB 2000 BUT IT WAS NOT A PROBLEM, BUT SINCE THEN IT HAS JUST GONE DOWN HILL. "THAT IS NOT TO SAY THAT ONE CANT GET A CLASS 1 MEDICAL WITH THE CAA" THE DOC SAID. HAS HE DONE THAT BEFOR?? :rolleyes:

JimNich
26th Jul 2001, 01:09
G OKAY

STOP SHOUTING! Everyone'll think you're deaf.

As the men say, the safest (and very expensive) bet would be to go do your Class 1, that way you could save yourself a lot of money chasing a career you can't have.

Best of luck

JimNich.

Pilot Pete
26th Jul 2001, 23:00
Have you considered finding a CAA Doc who is authorised to do renewals and see if he can do you just the audiogram? They are usually open to doing private work and this would cost you considerably less than the full class 1, then if you fail you will have saved money, and if you pass I guess you could be pretty sure of passing the Class 1 when you decide to do it.

Alternatively, get the Class 1 audiogram test/ requirements from the CAA and find a Doc with suitable test equipment to put you through it. Again, surely cheaper than a full Class 1. At least then you will know if you can overcome your 'stumbling block'.

Good luck

PP