PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades ? Vir Atlantic

swills
7th Aug 2015, 18:25
Ok so I am not a regular flyer, and must admit seem to do the same route every time, together with my son ! Have only been flying since 2006 ( I am 61) and it's only once a year, twice at the most but once in a blue moon! Now I have to say without question every member of VA staff I have ever met have always been so polite and friendly, make the 10hr flight a lot better! LOL BUT even tho I have read about people getting bumped up, its' never ever happened.. is there a secret ?? we always travel P.E but never been offered the next cabin up ! LOL....not even on my 60th Birthday last year :-) The other question, we are told the exit seats by the Galley in PE can only be requested at check in but even when you are first in line (0600 at Term 3) and we ask nicely, they have always gone ! where are we going wrong ? antyway its a 'twice' year thsi year VS07 on 10th Aug ...a 787 !! back on 15th at 2230 VS24 from LAX, then again in October to Atlanta VS103 and VS104 19/10 & 01/11 :-):ok:

highflyer40
7th Aug 2015, 21:56
It is mostly people who are high status members of the frequent flyer programs that get the upgrade, as it should be. I'm pretty sure they charge for the exit seats on Virgin, and then if nobody purchases them they will be available at check in (which will never happen because they are ALWAYS purchased as even an exit seat in economy is better than a normal PE seat)