PDA

View Full Version : Air India vacancy for Trainee Pilots 2015

cyrilroy21
7th Aug 2015, 02:19
After many years Air India has finally come with a vacancy for non type rated trainee pilots
I believe the last vacancy for non type rated pilots was back in 2009

There are 180 vacancies , 50% of which is reserved for IGRUA candidates

From the ad it looks like the type rating is not paid upfront and will be recovered in 60 instalments

For more details take a look at the ad on the Air India careers page . Application is done online via a web portal

http://www.airindia.in/writereaddata/Portal/career/217_1_advertisement_tp.pdf

hohtel wiskey
7th Aug 2015, 14:04
Hey hi
Can u explain the part where it says "should also be in possession of the technical qualifications as indicated at (a) to (e) above as
“CURRENT” on the last date of receipt of application". The reason I am asking this is I don't have multi engine rating now but I soon I will.
So am I eligible to apply even if I don't have a multi engine rating at the time of application?
Below is the complete para from ad.
Regards

TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must be in possession of Indian:
a) Current CPL/ATPL
b) Current Flight Radio Telephone Operator’s Licence
c) Current C.O.P./R.T.R.
d) Current Class-I Medical
e) Valid ELP on CPL/ATPL
f) Multi-engine Endorsement: with a minimum of 25 hours on Multi-engine aircraft
(10 hours can be completed on an approved multi-engine Simulator)
g) Instrument rating on Multi-engine aircraft
Note:
"Candidates should fulfill the above Eligibility Criteria with regard to age, qualification and
should also be in possession of the technical qualifications as indicated at (a) to (e) above as
“CURRENT” on the last date of receipt of application, at the time of verification of
documents prior to Personal Interview as well as at the time of reporting for training

Alphasierra10
7th Aug 2015, 17:51
Hey guys ....new here ....what do you fill up in total flying experience that is
Commander and co pilot columns ...thank you

zak.A320
8th Aug 2015, 12:41
@hohtel whiskey the online application asks for the details of the IR on multi i.e. the date of endorsement and the IR number.

gear_dwn
8th Aug 2015, 13:30
Greetings fellow aviators

quick question on the air india application process online

not sure if iam going wrong somewhere

on the online portal,i see two options preview and reset,theres no send option which i assume is the most common radio button to upload an online application
now for lack of clarity and choices i clicked on both with no clear outcome

would someone be kind enough to let me know if you have been able to successfully apply and get a confirmation that Your application online went through

cheers

5040302010retard
8th Aug 2015, 14:48
an SC/ST/ OBC guys can pay lakhs for their CPL but cant pay Rs1500/- for selection process !!!:ugh:

RNP2
8th Aug 2015, 15:46
Looks like the general category people have come into the minority status:eek:!

speagle1
9th Aug 2015, 07:14
This is a GOI rule. No application fees and reservation for jobs, education institutions etc. I believe it's called 'affirmative action'. It exists in the US too for certain ethnic groups.

And, Cyril, thank you!

zak.A320
9th Aug 2015, 11:11
SC/ST dont even pay for their CPL training, full amount including multi is paid by govt and the cost of TR also.

speagle1
9th Aug 2015, 12:51
Affirmative action again.
Not commenting on the right /wrong of the situation, but it exists. Have to live with it.

MANFLXSRS
9th Aug 2015, 14:25
Hi, guys !

If my license is in dgca for endorsement , can I still apply for this vacancy with the dgca receipt ?

Thanks

MANFLXSRS
9th Aug 2015, 15:56
Hi guys!

Can we apply for this vacancy with dgca challan/receipt if the license is submitted for endorsement ?

Thanks!

zak.A320
10th Aug 2015, 08:42
@rohitrathi as far as i think you can't apply with the challan. As in the form it is asking for your cpl number IR number with the validity and all.

sai prasad
10th Aug 2015, 09:38
is there who applied successfully....

AA350XWB
11th Aug 2015, 10:18
What the hell mahn! I thought apart from Engineering & Medical and a few government jobs there wouldn't be any reservation system. They have an extra 5 years of upper age limit too for non-gen!!

Do other airlines have this reservation or only AI?

vivek.das
13th Aug 2015, 15:15
It says to bring logbook and also says "No Physical Application will be entertained under any circumstances". It didn't say if any applicant going for renewal, can't he show letter of submission of license and logbook for renewal. My license going to expire on 20 Oct 2015. So am planning to flying in august or september and submit them submit.

Do not know how long it will take for renewal and also how many days before I have to submit for renewal.

Thanks.

ramkiarchu
24th Aug 2015, 08:07
Hello guys,
I have a query. My friend applied for the airindia vacancy online. She did get the registration no, but to her surprise, she did not receive any confirmatory system generated mail which everyone received once they finished their submition.
Any solution for this problem? Could she reapply with a diff dd no and diff email id. Or should she let things be as it is since she has received a registration no.

Pin Head
24th Aug 2015, 13:54
Hi

On the subject can some one help me with this;

At the time of upgrading as Captain, the Trainee Captain would be required to submit 20 Post-Dated Cheques of Rs.40/- lakhs each as Security Deposit

Roughly what is that in U.S. Dollar.

Kind regards

Pin

Karbine
25th Aug 2015, 05:34
@Pin_Head According to current conversion rate, Rs 40,00,000 is USD 60,082.640 (Sixty Thousand and Eighty Two US Dollars)

speagle1
17th Sep 2015, 11:48
Any updates on what is happening on the AI applications? Been a while since the last date for applications.

cyrilroy21
1st Oct 2015, 09:53
Air India exam will be on 11th Oct
Download Admit card here

AI eRecruitment Trainee Pilot Portal (http://ota.airindia.in/erecruitmenttp/CandidateStatus.aspx)

piston2jet
1st Oct 2015, 14:09
Great News.
Any input on what all to study/prepare for aptitude test?
Thank you.

betterthandbest
1st Oct 2015, 16:05
was just reading the guidelines,

SO, CPL nd TR in the same pool

iPilot43
2nd Oct 2015, 09:43
Recruitment- Trainee Pilot (CPL Holder) is over now? I see it just now and want to apply, but don't know how:ugh:

cyrilroy21
30th Oct 2015, 08:20
Air India has announced the results of the test . Congrats to all those that cleared

http://www.airindia.in/writereaddata/Portal/career/234_1_Result-Notice-Written-Test.pdf

betterthandbest
30th Oct 2015, 11:01
thanks for the info. :ok::ok:

Ace_McCloud
31st Oct 2015, 13:45
Any idea what the Air India psychometry entails? Is it going to be a written exam or an interview?

jockey69
4th Nov 2015, 04:29
why is it that no one discussed the written exam here?

capt.ace
4th Nov 2015, 04:37
But AI mentioned psychometric test as written stage.
And can anyone confirm if this psychometry test is occurring in other cities also, apart from delhi.

jockey69
4th Nov 2015, 04:56
Stage1:Written Test (Aptitude+Technical Knowledge) Stage2:Pscychometric Test Stage3:Personal Interview

capt.ace
4th Nov 2015, 05:53
I think last time AI took psychometric test verbally for rated people.But this time it is omr type.

cyrilroy21
4th Nov 2015, 06:49
Air India has updated the info regarding psychometric test including admit cards

AI eRecruitment Trainee Pilot Portal (http://ota.airindia.in/erecruitmenttp/)

cyrilroy21
24th Nov 2015, 11:52
Congrats to all those candidates that passed Air India's psychometric test

http://www.airindia.in/writereaddata/Portal/career/238_1_Result-Notice-Psychometric-Test.pdf

jockey69
29th Nov 2015, 17:48
what was the psychometry test like?

Ace_McCloud
2nd Dec 2015, 06:03
Pretty standard personality questionnaire.
The questions addressing the suicidal tendencies were incredibly direct though.
"If you stand on the roof of a building, do you feel like jumping off?"
"Do you feel like life is not worth living anymore?"

cyrilroy21
8th Dec 2015, 03:27
Air India has listed out a schedule for verification of documents

You can see your schedule here AI eRecruitment Trainee Pilot Portal (http://ota.airindia.in/erecruitmenttp/)

cyrilroy21
18th Dec 2015, 12:51
Congrats to all those candidates that finally made it into Air India :D

http://www.airindia.in/writereaddata/Portal/career/247_1_List-Empanelled-Candidates-TP-Final.pdf

Stryder_00
22nd Dec 2015, 15:21
U think there would be another round and if yes would it be a320 rated or cpl again?

A69
31st Dec 2015, 08:23
U think there would be another round and if yes would it be a320 rated or cpl again?

Word is that the next one will be a A320 rated one.

jockey69
2nd Jan 2016, 08:29
any downpayment required to be paid upfront towards the cost of typerating conducted by the company?and how much is the monthly installment going to be?and for how many years?

avl998
7th Aug 2016, 11:28
Hey guys if anyone interested in group study at Mumbai lemme know for the air India rated exam and other upcoming rated exams.