PDA

View Full Version : FA Aircraft Specific Training

Tray Surfer
6th Aug 2015, 20:41
More UK/Europe centric responses I suppose I am looking for, but all welcome :ok:

If you use freelance FAs, do you require specific egress/exit training for your type? Or just generic SEP training?

Thanks,

TS
:)

Welle
6th Aug 2015, 22:02
....is your "FA" a real flight attendant? then she will need all aircraft and company related trainings

....is your "FA" a passenger or inflight service assistant, all your company procedures apply...,
if your aircraft is below 19 seats and and does not require a FA by TC.

my 2 cents
welle

Tray Surfer
7th Aug 2015, 09:57
Thanks for your response Welle,

As an FA, I am fully aware of the legal interpretation of the terms. And, not all FAs are female by the way. ;)

Hence why I am enquiring what people request when looking for freelance FAs (or whatever you want to use in it's place) for ad-hoc trips. From my experience, some operators don't give a fig about any, even awareness or safety related anything. Some want generic safety training and some want generic and aircraft specific egress training etc. irrespective of what the rules state is and is not required. Hence canvassing what the users of here look for at their operation.

Jetdolly
8th Aug 2015, 12:18
If you are freelancing for a reputable Company you should have recognised SEP training, first aid, etc undertaken at a recognised facility..and a valid Attestation, also reputable companies will give you a refresher/training on each type, and exam before you fly that type!!

You must be working for some "dodgy" cowboy companies if they dont give a "fig"......:}:rolleyes:

JonDyer
10th Aug 2015, 08:41
... Not all FAs are female by the way.

Not all pilots are unreconstructed sexists either but you might be forgiven for thinking so.