PDA

View Full Version : CASA - PPL - KDR

JJPrum
5th Aug 2015, 13:27
Hi guys,

I am planning to take a PPL(A) theory exam in Australia, here are some questions I would like to ask.

After taking the exam with a center (i.e. ASL), how long does it take to get the Knowledge Deficiency Report (KDR)?

If I get 100% correct, will I still get the KDR? (If not what else will I get?)

Apart from the KDR, what else will I get?

Thank you!

JJPRUM

ACMS
5th Aug 2015, 13:29
Sorry but I don't know much about the latest exams or their techniques but if you get 100% how could you possibly get a deficiency report on your exam???

Is this an Irish exam?

JJPrum
5th Aug 2015, 16:52
No, it is the Australia Private Pilot License theory exam

Arm out the window
5th Aug 2015, 20:53
The KDR will be available for them to print out and give you straight away - the exam is computer based and you get your results almost immediately after pressing 'submit'.

You get a statement of your results for a pass (or a fail greater than 50% I think) with the percentage, and a KDR listing the sub-elements of competency from the Manual of Standards relating to the questions you got wrong.

If you got 100%, then you'd still get a bit of paper saying that, and either a blank KDR or none, not sure.

NZScion
5th Aug 2015, 22:42
I got a piece of paper that said "Congratulations!" instead of a KDR for 100%

JJPrum
6th Aug 2015, 10:37
Does it have your name on the paper/KDR?

morno
6th Aug 2015, 11:20
Depends how much you're paying for it 😉

Strange questions though. Why does it matter?

JJPrum
6th Aug 2015, 14:17
morno,

can clarify a bit more ?

I am doing it as I will have several days here in Australia for business trip. After that I will fly back to my country and try the airline cadet programme

JJPrum
8th Aug 2015, 03:38
:ugh:...................

Squawk7700
8th Aug 2015, 22:29
It sounds like you have no option but to pass this exam the first time!

Better start studying a bit harder !!