PDA

View Full Version : A model which EK could do well to follow ..

nakbin330
2nd Aug 2015, 09:43
A major airline says there's something it values more than its customers, and there's a good reason why | Business Insider (http://www.businessinsider.com.au/southwest-airlines-puts-employees-first-2015-7)

cerbus
2nd Aug 2015, 10:20
Does anyone really think that kind of thinking (or any thinking) will take place in the Middle East? Yeah right. We all know what the managers think of us and their treatment proves it.

ironbutt57
2nd Aug 2015, 12:50
because we are not perceived as employees, contract labor to be disposed of at will.....the middle managers that make things difficult are too near-sighted (arrogant) to realise they are in the same boat, even more so, as their jobs require little or no technical skills...some crops take a long time to grow, but one always reaps what they sow

fatbus
2nd Aug 2015, 13:49
Ironbutt57 oh so true.!!'

jack schidt
2nd Aug 2015, 14:13
For all the hardware, pretty terminals and modern aircraft, it's all worthless unless you have the staff to make the massive machine "that it is" gain life and motion.

As Richard Branson said (http://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/look-after-your-staff)
Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to.:D

After that he states : If you look after your staff, they'll look after your customers. It's that simple.

J

Nikita81
2nd Aug 2015, 14:19
Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to.

It's all about the skills. You can replace a human being, but the right skill is harder to find.

Jet II
2nd Aug 2015, 15:18
As Richard Branson said (http://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/look-after-your-staff)
Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to.:D

I know quite a few ex-Virgin people at Emirates - perhaps the bearded wonder needs to try harder? :p

captainsmiffy
2nd Aug 2015, 15:39
.....and THAT is why it can never have a chance here. If we cant take on that simple message without dissing it ourselves then what hope do we ever have of change?!!!:ugh:

Personally, I thought what a great message. Lets not make disparaging remarks about it for a cheap laugh or whatever, but, rather, keep passing that simple dictum forwards. One day, our lords and masters might have a 'revelation'.....but it wont happen if we take the michael.

Jet II
2nd Aug 2015, 17:27
You wont get a change of culture at EK for the simple reason that it would require a change of culture for the whole region - pretending that the corporate culture at Southwest is transportable to the Middle East is a fools errand.

falconeasydriver
2nd Aug 2015, 19:29
Where is a Dr Evil laugh when you need it? The admission that ANYTHING is amiss requires an admission of fault to begin with. In a culture where fault cannot be admitted freely or openly due to a 12 century mindset, good luck getting the higher ups to emulate Herb :ugh::ugh::ugh:

alwayzinit
2nd Aug 2015, 20:39
"Experience is not quantifiable on a balance sheet"
After my last couple of trips with wunderkids my choice has been made and the clock s running.

SOPS
3rd Aug 2015, 01:15
Alwayz....are you finally going to buy a boat?:ok:

alwayzinit
4th Aug 2015, 14:27
SOPs I will when I clear this circus!!

You should get one too!!!:ok::E

SOPS
4th Aug 2015, 14:42
As I have told you many times mate...I'm not buying a boat.:ok:

alwayzinit
4th Aug 2015, 18:07
Ah Shucks SOPs you're just saying that to tease me!!