PDA

View Full Version : UK CAA AOC using N-reg aircraft?

G73DC
1st Aug 2015, 22:56
Evening all
I've been pouring through the regulations required to obtain an Air Operators Certificate from the UK CAA (very dry stuff) and thought that you, the experts on Pprune, may be the best source of initial information.

I am looking into what is required to obtain an AOC from the UK CAA for scheduled and on-demand ops out of several UK (and possibly European) ports. My question to you is whether the N-reg aircraft I have in mind can be used for this purpose, or would I need to re-register them as G-reg?

Any other advice on the subject is gratefully accepted and much appreciated. Thank you.

dc9-32
2nd Aug 2015, 08:01
Part of the acceptance process would be to dereg and re-reg the aircraft onto the G- registry. You can't operate a US registered aircraft on a UK AOC. The difference being if it's operated on an ACMI basis but in that case, the AOC holder would be the US operator - not you.

ahwalk01
2nd Aug 2015, 09:28
I imagine you'd have to form a U.S. Company to this end.

G73DC
2nd Aug 2015, 14:51
I currently hold an FAA AOC for both on-demand and commuter (scheduled) ops. If I understand your replies correctly, it sounds like it is possible to wet lease (acmi) the N-reg aircraft to my UK plc and operate from a UK base under my FAA AOC. Is that correct? Thanks again for your help.

xtypeman
2nd Aug 2015, 17:44
Only if your UK plc has an AOC. Preferably a UK AOC but could be a European AOC.