PDA

View Full Version : FAA A&P to bachelor degree

nobertadil
1st Aug 2015, 13:42
Hi Dear Members,
i'm wondering some help to my friend regrading how he can use his FAA A&P license and my 12 years professional experience in aircraft maintenance working as aircraft technician , to get a bachelor degree in the aviation field .I told i heard some US universities offer a short on line course based on AME license and maintenance experience to get bachelors degree.Basically my question which is best school for such course?and how much it will cost as he is not US citizen and living out of USA.

Many thanks in advanced.

grounded27
2nd Aug 2015, 16:09
There are plenty of online schools that are US based that will sell you a BA or BS, the problem is usually they are not accredited. There are schools that are accredited from home you can earn a bachelor degree but some of the classes have to be taken in the school. The other issue is testing, you are required to have an approved professional monitor the test.

easaman
3rd Aug 2015, 16:50
Here is an info about college credit points for A&P's and equivalent licenses! (http://easa66.info/moodle/course/view.php?id=100)
I hope it helps!
easaman

nobertadil
4th Aug 2015, 11:21
Thank you very much for the advices ,really i appreciate your support.But most of the schools require minimum 2 years ,so is there any other option with 1 year schooling.
thank you