PDA

View Full Version : want to start CPL / ATPL (where?)

dipak_ind
27th Jul 2015, 09:46
Hi,
Guys I am new here and joined the forum just now. I am from India. Finishing 12th next year and want to join pilot training which good and standard as per current requirements (airbus or Boeing).

Can anyone suggest whether I should do CPL with type rating course from USA, Canada, New Zealand or Australia??

Please suggest based on cheapest cost, more chances for employment (atleast for hour building) and reputation in aviation.

I do not mind if the course is standard degree other other CPL?

Cost wise, please give some comparision.

Also, in the future, I want to work outside india so no issue for government regulation(DGCA in India).

Appreciate your feedback.

Ilyushin76
14th Aug 2015, 18:11
Multiple questions. No worries. I'll try to answer to the best of my knowledge. :ok:

1- Cheapest flying costs? U S A.

If you can't make it to the USA, then South Asia, Philippines and South Africa are some choices you might want to look into.

Type rating helps yes, but does not guarantee you employment. Too many pay to fly guys flooding the international market these days.

2- Employment chances? If you have a green card / PR in the USA, you will have to start from flying clubs and move your way up to regional carriers (domestic airlines as they are called in India). The pay isn't good but the experience is great. If you get the chance, you might make it to the national carriers. The scenario is quite bleak in the EU. Asia is on the boom when it comes to aviation.

If you DONT have a green card / PR in the USA or for that matter of any country you are training in, chances of you getting employed are quite slim.

3- Institution reputation in aviation? Your experience and your hours will get you the job eventually. Reputation does matter, but if you are up against candidates with little or no experience, you would definitely be considered. All flight schools train you for a common license (DGCAA/FAA/EASA/ Other ICAO) so as long as you make it through your flight checks, this really would not matter that much.

You may consider flying in India and later on getting a conversion abroad. That way you can save on training cost.

I highly doubt you'd be having a second citizenship since India does not allow dual nationalities. In most countries outside India, you need to be a permanent resident or a national to be able to apply for jobs.

Other forum members will also be giving in their inputs so hang in there. Do your research before you do anything. :ok:

Kawsar Arafat
28th Aug 2015, 05:11
I have finished my flight training in the Philippines. I am from Bangladesh and met a lot of pilot students from India in the Philippines. Regarding the cost of flight training in the Philippines it's not cheap but i can say it's still cheaper in the Philippines compared to USA or Australia.

Another thing is if you have considered your living cost during your training then your first choice would be Philippines. Of course the living cost in Philippines is much cheaper then USA or Australia. That's one of the main reason why many of the students from south Asia comes to Philippines to complete there flight training.

dipak_ind
4th Jun 2017, 09:49
Hi Kawsar,
which school you studied in philipines. What was your total CPL cost and accommodation/food cost separately.

Consider all examiniation and license conversion cost also.

Please give summary.

dipak_ind
4th Jun 2017, 09:53
Hi Guys,

DGCA approved FTO, which is best, reputed, cheaper institute for CPL course (incl. IR/ ME) and more important LESSER TIME or fast track completion. (18-24 MONTHS IN INDIA VERSUS 10 MONTHS IN USA/CANADA/NZ/AUS/EUROPE !!)

People are complaining regarding idle time due to lack of approval for flying, less numbers of aircrafts, etc.

But now a days, lot of new (but approved) institute also entered in game plan.

Please all recent pilot should share their experience to new comers.

KayPam
4th Jun 2017, 12:58
If you are an Indian national, wouldn't Indigo be eager to recruit you ? They are buying several tens of A320 each year