PDA

View Full Version : Bugger! - I thought this was a hedge trimmer

Jabawocky
26th Jul 2015, 23:09
Vision captures moment powered parachute clips tree, crashes near crowd at north Queensland pub - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-27/powered-parachute-crash-caught-on-video-mackay-pub/6649448)

One way to get in the news :uhoh:

spinex
26th Jul 2015, 23:53
Ouch, viewing that isn't going to be fun over tea and bikkies.

Having done something similar with a paraglider (unpowered) after a less than ideal takeoff, I have some sympathy for the "oh $41t" moment when he realised that he was along for the ride at the end of the whipcrack, but seriously, weaving through trees over a crowd really deserves a clip along the earhole with a large spanner!

Squawk7700
27th Jul 2015, 00:31
Dare I say that this pilot is headed for a lot more pain to come from CASA and RA-Aus. :{ I have 200+ hours on type (fairly high hours for these machines) and I honestly doubt I would have contemplated that maneouvre under any circumstances for legal reasons. Looks like a bit of breeze has screwed him over. Assuming he was solo he could have fairly easily turned away just on take-off - they have plenty of grunt for low level work when solo.

Gotta love Australia and particularly Queensland where 450 people can get together for a family fun day to celebrate hunting wild pigs with charity profits going to the local schools :ok:

onetrack
27th Jul 2015, 02:45
The important thing is - I trust he didn't spill his beer, when he crash-landed! :) The only thing missing from the start of the soundtrack, is "Hey guys! - watch this!" :suspect:

Capn Bloggs
27th Jul 2015, 12:41
I thought the wild pig was in Queanbeyan? :)

gerry111
27th Jul 2015, 13:40
A can of VB in the left hand and a Marlboro in the right.

Drink then inhale.

Time to do a beat up over the crowd...:rolleyes:

Jabawocky
27th Jul 2015, 13:45
Gerry

If he was responsible he would have someone hold his VB…… ;)