PDA

View Full Version : Dassault Easy versus Bombardier Global Vision cockpit

Son of a Beech
25th Jul 2015, 08:57
I heard that the Dassault Easy cockpit is actually not that Easy, but how "easy" is the Global vision cockpit compared to the Dassault easy cockpit?

bleeke
25th Jul 2015, 09:18
You hear wrong about the EASy cockpit.

EatMyShorts!
25th Jul 2015, 09:36
I second that. If you cannot handle an EASy-cockpit, you won't be able to handle the Global Vision.

deefer dog
25th Jul 2015, 17:56
I third that!

It might not be EASy to learn in the first place (mostly, in my opinion, due to the ridiculous Dassault SOPS which everyone ignores after the course), but it is a wonderful bit of kit that does almost everything you could possibly want.

Not familiar with the Global vision.

Lucky8888
26th Jul 2015, 00:55
I don't have any experience with Global avionics but I found the EasyII to be great. The learning curve is a bit high for some people (at FSI, they said it takes most people 100 hours to learn all the tricks and nuances). If you can use a computer, you can use an EasyII. Everything is logical and incredibly functional. In some respects it takes the fun out of flying for some. But, that's another story.

Son of a Beech
26th Jul 2015, 07:46
Thank you all for the wonderful info about the easy cockpit. The feedback Into before was apparently from not the youngest pilots on the planet that found it not that easy. I stand corrected now on the easiness of the easy cockpit

My main quistion stands as to get some info on the vision cockpit.

SOAB

Above The Clouds
26th Jul 2015, 07:49
Bombardier final caught up with Dassualt after all those years and introduced the EASY concept to their aircraft but named it Vision, in essence it is the same principle.

EatMyShorts!
26th Jul 2015, 12:10
Hi SOAB,

but it is true: some (=*not all) of our "older guys" took significant more time to feel comfortable with the EASy software. With a bit our routine you will quickly click your way through all the flight and takeoff performance data, but in the beginning it takes ages, because you need to find your way around all the click spots. Those who use computers regularly and with ease, won't have any problem with the avionics.

dnx
26th Jul 2015, 16:37
Hallo SOAB,
I've a few years experience in both cockpits and in my opinion EASy got it right.
Maybe because Dassault is at least 5 years ahead. I never got to fly the EASy II but from what I hear from those who do it's an improvement on the original.
Bombardier made a good effort and the Vision is easy to fly. The learning curve is a bit steeper I would say because not everything is as logical. But I may be biast because I was so used to the EASy.
However, I can say 1 thing for sure; The vision FD is a disaster. I have no idea what the BBD nerds were thinking.
For the rest there is not much between them. It's a matter of getting used to.

dnx

galaxy flyer
26th Jul 2015, 18:40
If you flew PL 21, the switch to Vision isn't too bad. Most of the conventions are similar, but not identical. The FD was designed to be a seamless transition from heads up to heads down. If you fly the HUD, it becomes second nature on the heads down FD cue.

GF

pilotlovac
26th Jul 2015, 19:40
Hi,

I have flown Easy and currently fly Vison.
We are comparing basically Mac or Windows, both do the same with slight
graphical differences.
However, with Easy flight deck you can feel that pilots were involved in design of the system and gave their imputs.
With Vision Flight deck I don't think this was the case.
Also Vision flight director is a disaster!

Cheers

galaxy flyer
26th Jul 2015, 22:26
Ok, what's the disaster in the FD?

GF