PDA

View Full Version : Backpack Injuries

farci
24th Jul 2015, 07:51
When I say 'injuries' I don't mean back strain I mean getting hit in the face because a fellow passenger is still wearing a backpack during boarding an aircraft.

I prefer aisle seats because of a knee injury so I can stretch my leg at intervals. The downside is being hit in the kisser as following passengers, wearing backpacks, turn to their companion to discuss seat assignments or Auntie Mary's pecadillos. The backpack, worn at a height equivalent to that of a sitting passenger, then whacks you in the head and in my case yesterday actually removed my eyeglasses.

In Venice they ask you to remove backpacks on the water buses, presumably for the same reasons and to allow more passengers to board. Perhaps airlines should adopt a similar practice for narrow aircraft aisles

Octopussy2
24th Jul 2015, 09:27
It's the same on the tube in London - I think on recent visits I've seen signs asking people to take them off (if I recall correctly, part of a series of mildly humourous reminders about polite behaviour - most of which should be bleeding obvious to us, but apparently isn't).

Presumably a loud "ouch" after receiving the injury would hopefully alert the perpetrator and they may be more careful in future?

Hotel Tango
24th Jul 2015, 10:12
To be honest it's a growing problem in many transport and public areas. These people seem to forget what is strapped on their backs and cause havoc in the process.