PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific airline loses bag containing NZD1 million at airport

CokeZero
23rd Jul 2015, 02:49
Cathay Pacific airline loses bag containing NZD1 million at airport: Shanghaiist (http://shanghaiist.com/2015/07/20/cathay_pacific_airline_loses_bag_co.php)

Another good day at the front office.... whoops - sorry can not!

CISTRS
23rd Jul 2015, 06:20
Once the bags fell off the trailer, they are FOD.

onetrack
23rd Jul 2015, 13:10
Let me get this right. CP transport NZD$10M in 12 ordinary-looking, mail-type bags, travelling like regular luggage - with no security guards, and no tracking devices inserted in them. They let them get outside of surveillance areas, and they never check what staff are lugging home. No doubt, next we'll hear about some manager who went to university and gained a degree in management and security skills, who was the incompetent in charge of the shipment. You couldn't make this up, it's like a skit from Keystone Cops.

crwkunt roll
23rd Jul 2015, 13:32
You couldn't make this up, it's like a skit from Keystone Cops.
it's probably standard practice these days for laundered Chinese money.

CodyBlade
24th Jul 2015, 10:41
hmmm.. interesting.

Average Fool
24th Jul 2015, 23:28
Has this been forwarded to the profit sharing scheme managers?

They will no doubt be interested in this "loss" for next years payout!!

CXtreme
26th Jul 2015, 01:26
Who said there is no money in freight?

Lowkoon
26th Jul 2015, 02:50
Nothing compared to what the fuel hedging guy and the freight cartel guys have lost. I must remember to do my bribery/corruption course on learners world, when is that due again? If i don't pass, does that mean I cant fly to our Northern ports anymore?