PDA

View Full Version : German or UK Register?

Shanwick Shanwick
22nd Jul 2015, 18:39
I currently own an aircraft on the German register but I'm considering a move to G-reg when it goes to the paint shop in October.

The two primary reasons for the move are reduced insurance costs due to a lower IPT and secondly, dealing with the German LBA/paperwork when I don't speak the language isn't easy.

Can anyone think of reasons not to make the move? Pro's, Con's etc?

Many thanks in advance!

His dudeness
24th Jul 2015, 07:12
dealing with the German LBA/paperwork when I don't speak the language isn't easy.

It ainīt easy if you do speak the language too. Canīt comment on any other authority (apart from the DACL in Luxembourg, which are okay IMHO), but it often strikes me that the LBA must be the worst in Europe.

space-shuttle-driver
24th Jul 2015, 08:32
What type of airplane is it? There are solutions around better than UK or Deutschland.

DirtyProp
24th Jul 2015, 09:01
The Czech Republic should be a good option.
But I need to double-Czech (:}) on that.

Shanwick Shanwick
24th Jul 2015, 13:29
The aircraft is a Lake Buccaneer. Not your typical type and as an Amphibian it isn't particularly easy to maintain under EASA.

As it's based in Europe there's a certain resale value in leaving it on an EASA registration otherwise I'd move it back to the FAA.

With harmonistation, there should be no differences between EU states but in practice there are many and I don't want to be caught out.