PDA

View Full Version : As if Pollution wasn't enough of a threat...

Trafalgar
22nd Jul 2015, 14:37
...have a read.

Study: Irregular Sleeping Patterns Linked To Cancer « CBS Atlanta (http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2015/07/21/study-irregular-sleeping-patterns-linked-to-cancer/)

Greenlights
22nd Jul 2015, 18:03
it's very well known...
In life we can not get everything. There are plenty of others jobs allowing a better QOL.

Just Do It
23rd Jul 2015, 02:17
Greenlights,

What ever job you are suggesting is entirely dependant on a stable society. Your way forward is for every one who operates on a 24/7 irregular roster to go find a better job that offers a better QOL, this includes the emergency services, military, A&E medical staff, ATC and not to mention anyone in the transport industry. How is your QOL job working out now, as you have to stay awake through the night with your shot gun (Not my weapon of choice!) to protect your family.

Trafalgar reminds us of the dangers of shift work which can to a degree be managed by the employer to minimise the effects of IRREGULARITY. "Quality of Life" vs "Health", well they probably overlap and can be debated on what influences each.

So when I think of the perfect QOL job, being a Life Guard (In my dreams with my BMI...) starring at girls all day and with the occasional opportunity to have a paddle from 9 to 5 sounds very good. So how many dudes in the past decades have thought the same as me? Only to be told after 20 years in the business of saving lives that the sun gives you skin cancer :uhoh:

asianeagle
23rd Jul 2015, 07:20
Good one Nike...., great post.
Ironic alias considering your BMI then:}