PDA

View Full Version : B717 Fleet to increase to 20.

Capt Claret
22nd Jul 2015, 04:18
SMARTER FLYING SEES QANTAS BACK TO SUNSHINE COAST
SYDNEY

PUBLISHED ON 22ND JULY 2015

Qantas today announced the return of the Flying Kangaroo between the Sunshine Coast (Maroochydore) and Sydney* as well as the launch of services between Melbourne and the Gold Coast* to give customers more premium travel options.

Qantas Domestic chief executive officer Andrew David said the network changes were part of the Qantas Group’s twice yearly schedule update.

“These new services help us meet the growing demand for premium leisure services between Sydney and Maroochydore and Melbourne and the Gold Coast,” Mr David said.
“We will introduce a new daily Boeing 737 service between Melbourne and the Gold Coast starting on 25 October.

“We’ll also start six services per week between Sydney and Maroochydore from 21 December with flying that will cater for leisure travellers over the summer holiday period, before a new schedule with more business-friendly times begins in February.

“The QantasLink flights between Sydney and Maroochydore will be operated by a two class Boeing 717, which offers Q-Streaming inflight entertainment in every seat via a passenger’s personal electronic device and complimentary iPads for all passengers.”

Mr David said operating both Qantas and Jetstar to popular Queensland tourism destinations showed the Group’s successful dual brand strategy in action.

“Offering both airlines on these routes means we can appeal to leisure travellers with Jetstar while Qantas caters for more premium leisure and business customers. Ultimately, it’s about giving people more choice,” he said.

Last month, Qantas began operating flights between Melbourne and Hamilton Island, which allowed Jetstar to come off the route and add services between Melbourne and the Whitsunday Coast Airport (Proserpine).
An additional daily frequency between Sydney and the Gold Coast and more flying from Hobart will start in February next year.

The extra flying has been made possible by the introduction of an additional two leased Boeing 717 aircraft from early 2016 taking the total B717 fleet to 20. It is also offset by a reduction in intra-WA flying in response to a slowdown in the mining sector, and a shift to smaller aircraft on other routes in line with passenger demand.

Fleet flexibility for increased flying has been provided by reducing the turnaround times of the B737 domestic fleet.

“The new schedule includes a number of 35 minute turns for our fleet of B737s, which builds on the success of a program we started last year to reduce the amount of time our aircraft spend on the ground. It gives us more flexibility to take advantage of opportunities when we see them,” Mr David said.

Special fares for the launch of the Sydney – Sunshine Coast (Maroochydore) route will be on sale from 1300 AEST Wednesday 22 July until 23.59 Tuesday 28 July, unless sold out prior, and start at $89 one way in economy.
Sale fares for Melbourne – Gold Coast will be on sale from 1300 AEST Wednesday 22 July until 23:59 Tuesday 28 July, unless sold out prior, and start at $99 one way in economy.

Price based on payment at qantas.com by BPAY. Selected travel dates, and conditions apply. Flights between Sydney and Sunshine Coast (Maroochydore) are subject to government and regulatory approval.

*subject to government/regulatory approval

New Routes
QF 1578 Sydney – Maroochydore
Daily 21 December 2015 – 30 January 2016
Flight timings vary by day
B717^

QF 1579 Maroochydore – Sydney
Daily
B717^

QF 880 Melbourne – Gold Coast
Daily Starts 25 October 2015Flight timings vary by day of week B737B737

QF 881 Gold Coast – Melbourne
Daily

QF 1579 Maroochydore – Sydney
Daily From 9 February 2016Departs: 0640 Arrives 0915
B717^

QF 1578 Sydney – Maroochydore
Daily From 8 February 2016Departs: 1740 Arrives 1815
B717^

Additional Frequencies Frequency Starts

Brisbane – Newcastle +4pw 25 October 2015

Sydney – Gold Coast +7pw First quarter of 2016

^The B717 fleet is currently operated by National Jet Systems Pty Ltd

SMARTER FLYING SEES QANTAS BACK TO SUNSHINE COAST - Qantas News Room (http://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media-releases/smarter-flying-sees-qantas-back-to-sunshine-coast/)

Pimp Daddy
22nd Jul 2015, 06:51
The B717 fleet is currently operated by National Jet Systems Pty Ltd

That is an interesting choice of words..........

STLTH
22nd Jul 2015, 08:11
Interesting indeed, Qantas takeover maybe and Cobham crew get the flick or the takeover still takes place and the crew from Cobham still keep their jobs. Hopefully the latter.

Afterburner1
22nd Jul 2015, 09:51
If Qantas were to take over Cobham, would it really make any sense to get rid of perfectly qualified B717 drivers to then spend millions on training up more B717 drivers?

Pimp Daddy
22nd Jul 2015, 10:39
Qantas takeover maybe and Cobham crew get the flick or the takeover still takes place and the crew from Cobham still keep their jobs.

Or Qantas take over and it all gets crewed through Sigma/Korr like what happened in Canberra with the engineers ;)

Contract flighties, contract engineers - contract drivers are next.

R.Cruizo
22nd Jul 2015, 12:26
Or , it might mean that the B717's are currently operated by National Jet Systems Pty Ltd.

Iron Bar
22nd Jul 2015, 12:41
I think that's all it means.

Hobo
22nd Jul 2015, 14:59
Mr David said operating both Qantas and Jetstar to popular Queensland tourism destinations showed the Group’s successful dual brand strategy in action.

“Offering both airlines on these routes means we can appeal to leisure travellers with Jetstar while Qantas caters for more premium leisure and business customers. Ultimately, it’s about giving people more choice,” he said.

So not about giving the QF group more profit then...

This has very suspicious similarities to the loco European models of Ryanair (where all 737 turns are 25 minutes)and Easyjet.

Buttscratcher
22nd Jul 2015, 15:43
"The extra flying has been made possible by the introduction of an additional two leased Boeing 717 aircraft from early 2016 ....."
So, the mere anticipation of extra aircraft makes it all possible now.....what an amazing business!
717s are obviously the way to go then. They make dreams come true now

The Hooker
22nd Jul 2015, 18:21
It seems like Cobham were the trials team, prove that the operation works then dump them and say what a great job Qantas are doing.
I am pleased I am out of this poisoned atmosphere that is all things Qantas.

Miss F
23rd Jul 2015, 00:05
I heard around the traps that 20 was the magic number for Qantas to take the B717 inhouse...

Backtoscratch
23rd Jul 2015, 04:16
I wonder where the 2 x new birds are coming from.....I thought all the 717s were spoken for?

STLTH
23rd Jul 2015, 04:26
A charter company by the name of Blue 1 who are part of SAS overseas got rid of their 5 717'S and Delta took 3 of them, naturally they want the entire global fleet lol. The other two were being bid for by Qantas and Hawaiian.

SandyPalms
23rd Jul 2015, 04:40
Did QF ever find the 2 F100's they were looking for (going to Network Aviation)? I haven't heard anymore about that, and am curious if this might be connected?

ebt
23rd Jul 2015, 06:45
The F100s are confirmed and coming in ex-Avianca. It seems the 717s coming in will be additional and in the 2-class config.

Village Idiot1
23rd Jul 2015, 07:51
And the silence fromCobham management is deafening!!!

Blitzkrieger
23rd Jul 2015, 09:14
Deafening

Maybe as far as the rank and file are concerned, but I imagine the heat is on the union representatives to give something away in order to woo QF.

As usual :yuk:

The Green Goblin
23rd Jul 2015, 09:21
I wouldn't stress too much.

Someone is going to have to fly the jets and 20 frames don't just crew themselves.

So whether it's cobham, network or even Qantas, there will be jobs.

Tom/PER
23rd Jul 2015, 13:55
The Blue 1 frames are relatively earlyish build B717's compared to the -YQx frames and the -NXx's.

Still good to see more frames added to the fleet, it's a step in the right direction.

What did ever happen to all those full-size iPads in the B767 fleet??

PLovett
23rd Jul 2015, 14:37
Cobham, aka National Jet Systems P/L, has been the long-time operator of the B717 fleet in Australia on contract from QANTAS. It gives QF considerable flexibility in that the B717 can be used on routes too thin to support a B737 and if it all goes tits up they can pull out of those routes without the pain of having to decide what to do with the excess. I suspect also that the B717 drivers are on a thinner pay packet than the QF drivers which also assists the bottom line of both companies.

Hey Clarrie. Having moved south from those tropical routes you once stalked are you now looking to return there?

Capt Claret
23rd Jul 2015, 20:36
Hey Clarrie. Having moved south from those tropical routes you once stalked are you now looking to return there?

G'day PL, no plans to venture back north in the foreseeable future, Tassie's a great place to live, though one must go where the work takes one, and one is too young to retire. :8

blumoon
23rd Jul 2015, 23:15
Maybe Cobham isn't getting the two new Jets? :hmm:

Blitzkrieger
24th Jul 2015, 02:02
No plans to leave Clarrie. Sounds positive for the Tazzie 717 base then, all the best to you and the Hobart guys!

boocs
24th Jul 2015, 03:38
Too young???

b.

aueb
24th Jul 2015, 10:00
Qantas has not yet made a decision on who will operate the 2 aircraft coming into service in February.

empire4
24th Jul 2015, 10:31
"If Qantas take over Cobham"......haha, never laughed so hard. Thanks for making my week. has anyone thought that maybe Cobham don't want the B717s.? I'd say it will all go to Qlink. Let us not delude our selves here, Eastern and Sunstate (Qlink) are not and will never be Qantas.

Ted Nugent
25th Jul 2015, 14:11
Qantas has not yet made a decision on who will operate the 2 aircraft coming into service in February.

They are going to Cobham, where else would they go?

Last time I checked Network, Eastern, Sunstate, Jetstar, Qantas, Jetconnect, Jetstar Hong Kong, Jetstar Bangladesh DON'T have 717 on their AOC so why would that change in the near future?

Enjoy the extra 2 frames guys!

Snakecharma
25th Jul 2015, 21:49
If these things are going to arrive in Feb next year, then it is a reasonable bet that they are going to cobham, at least in the first instance.

Getting the aoc, whichever one it is, amended to support the 717 is not a quick thing, particularly if you need to build a check and training system from scratch.

Regardless if eastern/QantasLink has an ex Jetstar guy as HOFO, he is only one man and he doesn't wholly embody the experience required in order to successfully establish a check and training system for a new type, let alone transitioning a turboprop operation into a jet one. He may well be the seed from which this experience grows, but he cannot possibly do it all himself, there just isn't that many hours in the day.

Alternatively they might go to mainline, but again they would need to divert resources from the 737 fleet in order to do so. If that project isn't already under way then it is probably too late. The rumour mill is too good to have allowed that to get underway without someone letting something slip I would have thought.

None of this doesn't mean that cobham will keep the operation forever, just that I suspect it is unlikely that in the short term another operator will pick up a couple of stray airframes

Ted Nugent
26th Jul 2015, 05:11
Any suggestion that these new frames are going anywhere other than Cobham stinks of management spin!

Capt Claret
26th Jul 2015, 06:29
Which management Ted?

Blitzkrieger
28th Jul 2015, 06:35
"Which management Ted?"

Whichever one has the most to gain by keeping the staff nervous I spose. Based on that probably Both.

Buttscratcher
28th Jul 2015, 10:46
Yes we do, FMC.
Obviously it will be Cobham's addition, eventually being absorbed in toto by Network.

Part 121
28th Jul 2015, 11:06
I thought QLink had just 'in-sourced' line and heavy maintenance for the B717?

Is there not a jet rate in the Sunstate pilots EBA significantly below the current Cobham rates?

Whilst Qantas staff have gone through 18 month pay freezes, redundancies and transformation, what have Cobham done?

What makes people so sure that QLink could not 'in-source' the whole lot?

I am not suggesting anything other than to be fat, dumb and lazy on this one would be a very dangerous proposition.

To assume makes an ass of u and me...........

Blitzkrieger
28th Jul 2015, 23:54
Suggest you take another peep at the jet rate Part121 and this time add in all the extra bits and pieces the Cobham guys don't get. I think you will find the numbers add up quickly, the Qlink contract also includes proper staff travel.

What have COBHAM done you ask? A bloody good job under some woefully unrealistic expectations from up top. Cobham have given quite enough thank you, especially the frontline staff.

Where the next aircraft go is a fait accompli with the decision having been made many months ago (like all of QFs decisions :}). Management are now delighting in their favourite blood sport, that being, watching while people worry about their mortgages-Hunger Games anyone?

All the best :ok:

The Green Goblin
29th Jul 2015, 00:49
Heard on the grapevine the next two are going to network......

SIDS N STARS
29th Jul 2015, 08:40
Just reading between the lines after speaking to a few ppl in the know, it sounds like Cobham is still the preferred jet operator with the additional flying/aircraft ex-SYD and HBA.

Sorry GG, I don't think you'll see them in the west.

empire4
29th Jul 2015, 08:50
Qlinks so called "In source" of line and heavy you say. Well here are the facts. Qlink have in sourced the heavy maintenance and relocate it to Canberra starting first check in October. ALL staff are being employed by Korr under the sham "independent contractor" contract whereby you get no annual leave, no sick leave, no benefits. You may be lucky and get a uniform. Superannuation is part of your hourly rate and you must pay your own. You have to have an ABN. Do a little research and you'll be well surprised how they can get around the fair work laws. The only job that has been advertised by Qlink was the managers job, all others are Korr. There are lots of good people losing their full time jobs in Adelaide as a result. Korr is no different to Sigma, and it really sums up a lot about the ALAEAs priority given that these 2 companies are not on top of their list. Maybe we should ask Bill.

As for line maintenance, Qlink have taken over Canberra only and are training people for Sydney and Melbourne. What's next, who knows. Cobham still have the Part 42 Camo for all B717's so Qlink is in theory working for Cobham whos operating QF leased aircraft. Cobham are often overlooked and passed off as some second rate company but as for what I've seen I'd rather a Cobham engineer over an Eastern or Sunstate one that's for sure.

I can't wait to see the next 6 months play out, how exciting.

Pimp Daddy
29th Jul 2015, 10:58
ALL staff are being employed by Korr under the sham "independent contractor" contract whereby you get no annual leave, no sick leave, no benefits. You may be lucky and get a uniform.

I would like to know what the ALAEA are doing too.

This is the EBA which covers Eastern's Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra bases.

https://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/documents/agreements/fwa/AE897608.pdf

It quite clearly states that contractors can only be used for short term peak workloads or to replace permanent Employees absent for a specific period of time.

And those contractors must be employed under the same terms and
conditions of employment as equivalent permanent Employees

Pretty simple and all in black and white - so I don't know how this has been allowed to happen.

Isamu Pahoa
30th Jul 2015, 02:04
ALAEA will only act on your behalf. If there is representation in the work place and you require a submission to FWA disputing the use of contractors against the EA. Those who work for EAA need to instigate the dispute!
If the contractors have an inferior deal, they are undercutting the EA conditions which is bad news for the full time staff!!!

Isamu Pahoa
30th Jul 2015, 02:28
So Korr, Sigma and EA engineers working in a Qantaslink hangar signing for and on behalf of EA on a 71 or a Dash all carrying out the same duties has no relationship???

Isamu Pahoa
30th Jul 2015, 03:28
It's all a bit disturbing, but for info they sign for and on behalf of QL not Cobham!!

empire4
30th Jul 2015, 07:09
On the B717, Qlink engineers are signing Cobham paperwork on behalf of Qlink (they have approval). Cobham are the Part 42. Half the engineers in Canberra aren't directly employed by Qlink, they are employed illegally through Sigma and are contracted to Qlink. Do a bit of research, ask your tax accountant or ask the ATO. If you earn 100 % of your income from 1 company, If you are only providing manpower etc you are considered a full time employee. There is plenty of case study on this. It's no secret. Korr will do the same thing with the heavy work. Cobham, whilst being a contract company, meaning they have a contract with Qantas employ people legally as full time employees. It's really not that hard.

empire4
30th Jul 2015, 22:35
Blitzkrieger, you obviously had a long day. Re read it mate

Going Nowhere
31st Jul 2015, 01:59
Meanwhile...

Network's newest F100 in full QLink colours

http://fnqskies.********.com.au/2015/07/network-aviation-fokker-100-vh-nhy-in.html

blumoon
31st Jul 2015, 02:28
Boeing 717 Line Pilot Opportunities - Vacancies | Cobham Aviation Services (http://www.cobhamaviationservices.com/careers/vacancies/boeing-717-line-pilot-opportunities/)

gettin' there
31st Jul 2015, 03:40
I see they still require the full ATPL for FOs to apply, not just CPL with subjects. I wonder how many otherwise suitable candidates that tick all the other boxes are not able to apply.......I know of at least one:}

R.Cruizo
31st Jul 2015, 12:17
Good old PPrune,

Australia, New Zealand Forum + a Cobham thread and the intellectual age of the discussion plummets to an 8 year olds level everytime.

skkm
31st Jul 2015, 22:02
FMC, gettin' there meant "CPL with ATPL subjects".

What's the difference in ability and aptitude between someone with all their ATPL subjects who ticked over 1500 hours in August 2014 vs. someone who hit 1500 hours in November, apart from one being gifted a piece of paper saying ATPL on it?

gettin' there
1st Aug 2015, 02:07
FMC, gettin' there meant "CPL with ATPL subjects".

What's the difference in ability and aptitude between someone with all their ATPL subjects who ticked over 1500 hours in August 2014 vs. someone who hit 1500 hours in November, apart from one being gifted a piece of paper saying ATPL on it?

What they said.

I have no problem with the new regs requiring someone actually demonstrate the ability to act in command of a multi crew aircraft before they are given an ATPL; to the contrary I think it is a good idea.

I was more referring to the fact that given the very few ATPLs that have actually been issued since the introduction of the new regs, over time, the pool of suitable candidates will be getting smaller won't it?

das Uber Soldat
1st Aug 2015, 02:45
Getting there gets it.

They can ask for whatever they want, but the inevitable result will be a smaller candidate pool, thus diminishing the potential quality of applicants should they exclude those with a CPL and subjects.

In time, they'll be forced to change. When? Who knows. Sooner the better for all parties involved.

Buttscratcher
1st Aug 2015, 08:41
'Higher requirements diminish the potential quality of applicants'.

Seriously?!

Lapon
2nd Aug 2015, 02:57
Or how about this for a conspiracy: They are actually targeting ex turbo prop skippers who will have an ATPL anyway.

blumoon
13th Aug 2015, 09:12
Has anyone heard any more info regarding where the 2 'new' B717's are coming from and who will be operating them? Im hearing more and more it might not be Cobham? Interested to hear of potential future recruitment opportunities. :rolleyes:

Divide and conquer or more for a contractor??

PLovett
13th Aug 2015, 10:01
Given the costs of adding a totally new high-capacity RPT aircraft onto an operators fleet are not small and there are significant down sides to having to endorse pilots who are employed by QF or a subsidiary onto a type that has limited use in Oz, it would have to be a VERY good argument for the two aircraft to go to anyone other than Cobham. I am not saying it would not happen, just that it would be surprising.

empire4
13th Aug 2015, 11:21
I think you'll see all the aircraft go to Qlink. Given some of their engineers can't tell the difference between skydrol and deice fluid, it will be very interesting. I guess you can't blame them though, I haven't seen too many bug smashers with phosphate ester based systems....

airdualbleedfault
13th Aug 2015, 12:53
I believe Network has 2 B717 experienced drivers, and from what I'm told, with Network's crewing numbers policy, that should be enough

training wheels
14th Aug 2015, 07:00
Where are the majority of Cobham B717 FO's recruited from?

Qlink (EAA and Sunstate)?

Zap Brannigan
14th Aug 2015, 07:49
Where are the majority of Cobham B717 FO's recruited from?

Qlink (EAA and Sunstate)?

The last expansion had people from the RAAF, QLink, Rex, Skippers, Toll and a number of other operators. I don't think they target any particular airline but as with any recruiter they take the best candidates they can get.

Miss F
17th Aug 2015, 03:54
I believe there is a clause in the contract that says Cobham must be the sole provider of type for QF,or words to that effect.

Blitzkrieger
17th Aug 2015, 07:03
I believe there is a clause in the contract that says Cobham must be the sole provider of type for QF,or words to that effect.

That being the case, why are these two jets on such shaky ground according to Cobham HQ? Wouldn't be industrial would it?

STLTH
17th Aug 2015, 09:19
If Qantas and every other airline are serious about cutting down on expenses and making money and they are then the two additional 717's will go to Cobham. Once the contract is up for renewal in 2018 well then it's anyone's guess where the entire fleet will end up. I say this as I have heard things as some of you may have too.

empire4
17th Aug 2015, 21:38
AOG in Canberra, Qlink have a grand total of 3 mechanical LAMEs on type to carry out an engine change, all of which have never done one. No doubt the one good connie they have will be left on his own to struggle through. The Cry for help has already been sent out by their puppet master to no avail. Apparently when you sack 14 staff from another company they'll still have a surplus of arms & legs.......& will be willing to help out....haha. Sad to hear their own mates won't come to the rescue, but then again if you know much about the link you have no mates.

Shame you can't change an engine with incompetence, daggers and undermining. Plenty of that going round that place. I heard a connie walked out on them a few weeks back because the environment was so toxic.

Sit back and enjoy the show.

Miss F
20th Aug 2015, 05:35
That being the case, why are these two jets on such shaky ground according to Cobham HQ? Wouldn't be industrial would it?Nope. That's just how they like to run the show.

Section28- BE
20th Aug 2015, 10:23
Hmmmmm- WOW, really..........

'28BE Duty to exercise care and diligence
(1) The holder of an AOC must at all times take all reasonable steps to ensure that every activity covered by the AOC, and everything done in connection with such an activity, is done with a reasonable degree of care and diligence.
(2) If the holder is a body having legal personality, each of its directors must also take the steps specified in subsection (1).
(3) It is evidence of a failure by a body and its directors to comply with this section if an act covered by this section is done without a reasonable degree of care and diligence mainly because of:
(a) inadequate corporate management, control or supervision of the conduct of any of the body’s directors, employees or agents; or
(b) failure to provide adequate systems for communicating relevant information to relevant people in the body.'

28BF Organisation, personnel etc.
(1) The holder of an AOC must at all times maintain an appropriate organisation, with a sufficient number of appropriately qualified personnel and a sound and effective management structure, having regard to the nature of the operations covered by the AOC.
(2) The holder must establish and maintain any supervisory positions in the organisation, or in any training and checking organisation established as part of it, that CASA directs, having regard to the nature of the operations covered by the AOC.
(My bolding...)

So are 'we' really doing an 'Engine Change' right here right now at CBR (as described above)- under 'those' circumstances............... surely not!!!!

If, the said 'Meal Ticket Holders' want to P.M. me, I'll prosecute the bejeezus out of that sucker for you......... at nil consumed voucher cost- you keep the sustanance/feed/gluttony..... all good 'boys'!!!!!!!!!

By the way, did the 'Bruce', put #4 into S28-BE:

(4) No action lies, for damages or compensation, in respect of a contravention of this section.All good- I feel so safe.......... good job, lads!!!

Bell me- should you want some 'rattle & hum'..............., or maybe not... good job this Low Cost Carrier show!!!!, well done all.

Rgds
S28- BE

PLovett
20th Aug 2015, 10:41
Maintenance & operating AOCs' are two entirely separate things. Just because you fly something on RPT operations doesn't mean you maintain it.

Section28- BE
20th Aug 2015, 12:16
Yes, indeed they are 2x separate components, I guess 'one' may or may not need a Maintenance Organisation (as part of being an Air Operator) to put 'stuff' on the ramp for meat that may/may not want to pay to move.........

The 'aparent' description above- 'may' suggest, someone is a tad 'short'- maybe not, I don't know........

Really- is that how it rolls........, drive it til the noise stops.

Good Work- I'm out, god speed to you!!!!!!!

Hat, Coat- Door:eek::cool: at speed.............. sorry for disturbing ya' all, strewth.

Rgds
S28- BE

p.s.- do you 'drive' one PLovett....... if so, for whom????, just a general interest thing mate.........

Section28- BE
20th Aug 2015, 12:37
My bad- just wasn't aware of the operators, opt out of airworthiness option.

Rgds
S28- 8

PLovett
21st Aug 2015, 04:15
S28-BE, probably my bad. By "maintain" I meant be the responsible organisation that signs off on the work. Cobham may well operate the beasties but it may not be Cobham who is responsible for the signatures in the maintenance logs. Thats all I mean.

Drive one!!! Good grief sir, what are you smoking? Not now since I had a rush of insanity and decided that taking on CASA would be more productive.:ugh:

Section28- BE
22nd Aug 2015, 10:19
Mr Lovett-

All good/cool:cool::cool:- do hear where you are coming from.

For my part, once- Reg Compliance wasn't open to Committee/ 'Individual'/ Regulatory (operative) Campaigning/ or Personal Interpretation- be it, buying in/ or operating a Maintenance Organisation........ 'one' was responsible- end of story. And as such, the designated Representative of the Regulator was involved/ & working together in 'real time'.....

In this world of Regulator/ or 3rd Party Aviation Safety Consultant- Empire Building & Issue Capture/ the Low Cost Carrier Model that we've watched since the 2000's (yup, I'm running a theme here...)- there are (in 'my' view) a number blinding abrogation's or diffusion of Responsibilities.....- 3rd Party Load Control & Dispatch in AU (be it Domestic or Intl), is another........

Anyhoo- good luck to you Sir, you with your:

'since I had a rush of insanity and decided that taking on CASA would be more productive:ugh:.'Reckon, you'll get more than Hangar Rash out of that journey- but go hard and well done on devoting the time/& $'s...............

Rgds
S28- BE

Blitzkrieger
29th Aug 2015, 11:16
Only 20? Are you sure it's not a few (3) more, total 23?

RU/16
30th Aug 2015, 04:51
How long will Qlink be a sub contracting business and start operating all these aircraft from the different businesses....Cobham Network Sunstate Easterns ?there's got to be savings in only having the one business sharing the parent companies operational safety IT etc departments.

STLTH
30th Aug 2015, 10:59
Where did the other 3 come from, I'm pretty sure it's only 2 more 71's

Blitzkrieger
9th Sep 2015, 23:50
Find out this week supposedly. The official line from HQ is they are still hanging in the balance, they could go anywhere. :rolleyes:

moa999
10th Sep 2015, 00:22
The 4 remaining global operators are all bidding the price up

Boeing sales-flop 717 now a hit as secondhand jetliner | The Seattle Times (http://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/boeing-sales-flop-717-now-a-hit-as-secondhand-jetliner/)

Given Volotea (founded in 2011) has grown the quickest I suspect it is going to get forced onto a new type sooner.

Pindan warrior
12th Sep 2015, 13:59
Word is out that the 2 717's have been allocated to Cobham, as expected.:D

R.Cruizo
12th Sep 2015, 23:28
Wow! What a big surprise. Nobody saw that coming.

Chad Gates
12th Sep 2015, 23:35
Just out of pure curiosity. Who else was competing for them? Network, SSA, EEA?

Going Nowhere
13th Sep 2015, 00:14
Hope the next 2 are in better nick than the last 5 they acquired.

They could use the 2 'new' ones just to cover for breakdowns on the East coast.

Blitzkrieger
13th Sep 2015, 09:29
Just out of pure curiosity. Who else was competing for them? Network, SSA, EEA?

In all likelihood? Nobody. The "multiple bidders" theory was as much a way of keeping the peasants from revolting as anything else I would say.

empire4
13th Sep 2015, 11:13
Going Nowhere......the breakdowns on the East Coast have nothing to do with the quality of the aircrafts when they were delivered, try the fact that Qlink have been doing the A checks on them. Now it seems it catching up on them. Not to mention Qlink are now doing the line as well. data shows a comedic OTP since those guys have taken over

Fuel-Off
13th Sep 2015, 11:51
To be fair, OTP was comedic even before QLink took over. Which operator in their right mind would have no engineering coverage in busy capital city ports like Melbourne and Hobart??

Fuel-Off :ok:

Pimp Daddy
13th Sep 2015, 12:11
Which operator in their right mind would no have engineering coverage in busy capital city ports like Melbourne and Hobart??

B717 engineering coverage is provided where Qantas want it - they decide the coverage, not Cobham.

gordonfvckingramsay
16th Sep 2015, 00:29
A mate of a mate just told me that the AFAP has lodged with FWA regarding these two aircraft. Wierd that such a positive thing would cause this to happen. Any info?

AerocatS2A
16th Sep 2015, 12:31
A mate of a mate just told me that the AFAP has lodged with FWA regarding these two aircraft. Wierd that such a positive thing would cause this to happen. Any info?

Why don't you ask your mate to ask his mate, I'm sure they'll spill the beans. Probably something quite mundane but important to the troops.

Blitzkrieger
16th Sep 2015, 23:30
Sounds like a pretty standard response from the unaffected Aerocat.

A potentially forced, short notice, self funded, relocation due to base reduction is no laughing matter. Lodging with FWA is not something the AFAP do for a laugh either.

You are right about something though, this is very important to the troops, especially once the precedence has been set.

AerocatS2A
17th Sep 2015, 00:01
Sounds like a pretty standard response from the unaffected Aerocat.

A potentially forced, short notice, self funded, relocation due to base reduction is no laughing matter. Lodging with FWA is not something the AFAP do for a laugh either.

You are right about something though, this is very important to the troops, especially once the precedence has been set.

I wasn't laughing.

Stationair8
17th Sep 2015, 22:15
The Australian reporting that QantasLink expanding operations out of Hobart.

Buckshot
17th Sep 2015, 22:23
An extra 10 tech and 15 cabin crew for the HB base. If only there was engineering support to improve the OTP

Stationair8
17th Sep 2015, 22:35
Captain Claret will be a busy man!

Capt Claret
18th Sep 2015, 00:15
:ok: :} :8