PDA

View Full Version : Lancaster PB 475 history and who's got the engines?

u59334z
13th Jul 2015, 13:15
Back in the 70's PB 475was discovered and excavated near Bellingdon (Chesham Herts) area.

The aircraft had crashed returning to the UK after a raid on Cheminitz and unfortunately I believe 6 crew died including 2 RAAF.

The engines were removed and I believe were last seen at Booker Airfield near High Wycombe - they were going to be put in a museum or some kind of exhibit.

A relative of one of the RAAF crew would like to ultimately return a significant part of the aircraft or an engine to RAAF Bradley Park in Australia to stand as a monument to his Uncle who died in the crash, his compatriots and the many other RAAF members wholeft Bradley Park for service in Europe.

Does anyone have any idea as to where these engines may have gone and their current location.

I am working with various individuals including RAF but any information regarding this aircraft and particularly the location of 1 or more of the engines would be much appreciated.

Thanks

oldpax
13th Jul 2015, 13:36
Try putting this on the"Fly Past"forum,many knowledgeable chappies on there who may be able to help.

chevvron
13th Jul 2015, 15:37
Try Parkhouse Aviation; Barry Parkhouse started the museum at Booker.

u59334z
17th Jul 2015, 10:31
Thanks guys will follow this up.

Rgds