PDA

View Full Version : Tunisia

crewmeal
9th Jul 2015, 17:12
This is bad news for the industry :-(

Brits Told: Don't Go To Tunisia Unless Essential (http://news.sky.com/story/1516234/brits-told-dont-go-to-tunisia-unless-essential)

HeartyMeatballs
9th Jul 2015, 17:39
Yes it is a bad time for tourism in Tunisia. The planes can just fly somewhere else but those in the hotels and supply chain there will likely face ruin. I do think this is the end of tourism in Tunisia.

Hotel Tango
9th Jul 2015, 20:34
And how many more young males and females, disillusioned with even less prospects of making an honest living, will become terrorists?

carlrsymington
9th Jul 2015, 20:56
Tunisia may well suffer for a few years (too long) but when the tourist industry dries up, sense will prevail and they will turn against the minority terrorists and the industry will come back. I am from Northern Ireland & we never had a tourism industry but we had plenty of terrorism, after 20 or 30 years we figured it out. We have the weather (variable to say the least) but we have hundreds of unique attractions. ( I worked in the tourism industry & studied for a few qualifications)
I have been to both Kenya (the link is terrorism) & Tunisia, I didn't enjoy Tunisia (got what I paid for) but to prove a point I may well go back in August.

IB4138
10th Jul 2015, 07:17
we never had a tourism industry

Oh yes you did in the early 60s.

Check out Gaston's Tours of Northern Ireland.

Posted just for correctness....now back to Tunisia.