PDA

View Full Version : Youtube vids not visible in PPrune

Pelikal
9th Jul 2015, 15:24
Don't know what I've done. Was in JB and a thread (Your Local Accent) clearly had a Youtube vid there to view (blank space). Hover over the space and the arrow changes to pointing hand.

If I right click I can copy the URL and paste it into the address bar of a new tab and view.

I've refreshed Firefox and checked that Java is up to date and enabled. I've had issues with Services lately so before I make things worse, I just thought I would ask here if there something obvious to check in FF. Just checked IE, vid works fine there.

Guessing something needs enabling, not sure what!:(

gemma10
9th Jul 2015, 16:22
Did your Flash player update automatically recently?

Pelikal
9th Jul 2015, 16:38
gemma, thanks. I have had awful issues with updates lately, since the crash I had, particularly Windows Update. (error 80070422). That's another matter...

I'm not sure whether Flash updated automatically. I'll have a poke, thanks.

belfrybat
10th Jul 2015, 02:34
You can find the Flashplayer settings in Windows control panel. I have it set to notify for updates, as letting it update automatically it's certain to do so at the most inconvenient time.

Firefox lately has taken to refuse Flash if it's outdated. So you're stuck with updating whether you want it or not. I also have FF set to ask before running flash apps and memorize the sites I allow.

Pelikal
10th Jul 2015, 11:05
belfrybat, I have updated Flash, Java and QuickTime. FF is showing these as up to date.

It's showing MS Silverlight as vulnerable but having trouble installing it. I don't know what's going on:hmm:.

Pelikal
10th Jul 2015, 14:28
Uninstalled FF and re-installed after updating the other stuff. Seems to work now. What a carry on.:mad:

Pelikal
11th Jul 2015, 08:08
FFS. Started FF this morning after yesterdays 'fix' and now it's back to what it was.

Sorry, can't help thinking Mozilla have bust something here (FF 39.0) that wern't bust before and I've told them so. I'm going back to IE for the time being or maybe give Chrome another go.:ugh: