PDA

View Full Version : Airplane Part Identification. Help needed

p31387
9th Jul 2015, 13:00
Hey guys,

some time ago I purchased an aircraft window panel and frame intended as decoration (privatewing.eu).

The window panel itself is stamped
PA 65-54562-7 04545 08/99

And the window frame is stamped
65BO4149 401
R 1616RS 743

Is there any way to find out what type of aircraft this part is coming from? Or -even better- the l/n of this precise plane? I'd love to track down the aircraft but the people at privatewing.eu were of no help unfortunately.

If you have any idea how to solve this mystery, your help is very much appreciated!

Regards,
Phillip

Genghis the Engineer
9th Jul 2015, 13:04
LA65-54562-7 Middle Pane, Pass Window | Buy Aircraft Parts (http://buyaircraftparts.com/part/LA65-54562-7)

It's probably a Boeing 727 passenger window.

G

p31387
9th Jul 2015, 15:53
Wow, that was fast. Thanks a lot for the info! :ok:

I guess it won't be possible to get more details regarding serial number of the aircraft from which these parts were taken...

Genghis the Engineer
9th Jul 2015, 18:20
That would defeat me certainly, and I suspect most other people - that level of information's only likely to be within the airline records, and for all we know the airline's out of business now. I wouldn't hold out much hope of that.

G

G-ARZG
12th Jul 2015, 13:50
Pax windows usually considered 'consumables' so not tracked by serial nrs (or, more likely, batch nrs)

That would defeat me certainly, and I suspect most other people - that level of information's only likely to be within the airline records, and for all we know the airline's out of business now. I wouldn't hold out much hope of that.

G

boeing_eng
13th Jul 2015, 15:24
They would be traceable via locally generated batch numbers but as previously mentioned this would only be reflected in the airline or MRO's internal paperwork. Also, the batch number info would not physically be displayed on the window.