PDA

View Full Version : Ops jobs in Florida??

Cheshire cat EGHH
13th Jun 2002, 14:37
Hello moving to Florida very soon, will be looking for some kinda job when i get out there.

I have been working in ops for 3 months. Any ideas anyone, or any jobs avail?

HODGY
13th Jun 2002, 16:45
There may be jobs but without an FAA Dispatch licence its not going to be easy

Lifeguard2728
13th Jun 2002, 21:15
CC-EGHH

Do you have USA Residency ? You need that to work in aviation now in the USA since Sept 11, even as a flight dispatcher and a FAA dispatcher Licence is a must without that no job.

Regards

LG2728

bcp7
22nd Jun 2002, 15:29
There are a lot of airline ops/dispatch jobs in FL. Most are in the Miami/FLL area-Miami Air, Spirit Airlines, and some charter and cargo operators. AirTran and Capital Cargo are in Orlando, and Southeast Airlines in Tampa/St. Pete.

Cheshire cat EGHH
23rd Jun 2002, 08:21
I would love to do dispach, is the licence a job sponsered thing,
or can you pay for the training yourself?

Am pretty much "qualified" when it comes to ops though.

CIV5C
13th Jul 2002, 11:04
You won't find many employers willing to sponsor your license, although that might be different in the US. Since you'd like to go to Florida, have a look at this website: http://www.sheffield.com.
Won't be cheap, though...

JB007
13th Jul 2002, 13:52
Doesn't matter how qualified/experianced your are, you'll need a Dispatchers Licence to get a job, I think it's a legal requirement before you'll be allowed to sign any paperwork releasing the a/c.

And ditto with Lifeguard, I was offered a flying instructors job in FL. back in July 01, now it's a no no as I'd be on a visa..

no sig
13th Jul 2002, 15:00
The rules might have changed, but you used to be able to work in a part 135 or part 121 Supplemental carrier without a Aircraft Dispatchers licence, the Manager of the department however was required to hold a ticket. Whatever, best check with the FAA once you get out there, recent events may have changed the rules on eligibility.