PDA

View Full Version : tasmanian aero club

fanning
9th Jul 2015, 04:54
I've heard that the Launceston based Tasmanian Aero Club has stopped GA work - anyone know if this is true?

Dog One
9th Jul 2015, 07:02
They are currently looking for a CFI to continue GA training.

Duck Pilot
9th Jul 2015, 08:11
Have they got any aircraft now? Their 172 was flipped on its back last year at Agfest and the CASA restriction on the Jabs wouldn't be making it easy.

If they can't get a new CFI, it's all over for their certificates althought they can still operate as a club with no training or commercial activities.

Their website has also been down for quite a while, maybe it's all over? Can any members give us an update?

I am also led to believe that the Tasmanian Aero Club is the oldest Aero Club in Australia!!!! If this club goes, this needs to make "THE PRESS", as it will be a disgrace!

On Track
9th Jul 2015, 22:24
The Royal Victorian Aero Club claims to be the oldest in Australia. It was founded in 1914.

Dog One
9th Jul 2015, 23:37
I think that they are the second oldest club.I believe that the Jab's operation is seperate from the GA side and has it's own CFI. The other major problem they have is the airport owners,who want the club to move elsewhere.

On Track
10th Jul 2015, 02:12
Dog One, that's the same problem faced in New Zealand by the Wakatipu Aero Club at Queenstown (NZQN). I regret to say its demise may be imminent.

Watch this forum for developments in coming weeks.

EaDsTeR
15th Jul 2015, 12:07
To answer in regards to the Tas Aero Club:

The Club is the oldest continously running club in the country.

The Jabiru training does have its own CFI and is going extremely well.

The mishap with the 172 at AGFEST was not a TAC aircraft, but was on crosshire agreement with Par Avion.

The AOC is in order, and is not lost. Some changes are being made at the club to ensure that the club continues to operate long into the future.

The airport has not indicated to the club nor has it been forceful of the club relocating. The TAC will remain on Airport land now and into the future.

The club is in continuing talks with potential new CFIs. TAC charter and RAA training continues to operate and will continue to operate into the future.

B772
19th Jul 2015, 13:46
I am pleased to hear the TAC is still viable despite the downturn of the Tasmanian economy during the labor/greens Government. Years ago the TAC had a fleet of approx. 6 a/c, a Manager, CFI and at least 2 full time instructors plus part timers.

Jabawocky
20th Jul 2015, 06:06
And they get excellent service from the Tower folks mixing it with the bigger stuff :ok:

Duck Pilot
20th Jul 2015, 07:38
Heard that they have hired a new CFI and are waiting for him/her to start.

Also heard that the bloke managing the club passed away recently. Rest in peace JM.