PDA

View Full Version : Which to choose?

MarckAnthonny
8th Jul 2015, 06:22
Hello,

I'm writing in in hope of getting a better understanding of which is a better choice.

Eventually, I want to learn how to fly. And join an airline in the near future. However, I will need advice.

I'm choosing between FLIGHT SCHOOLS and UNIVERSITIES that has a degree in aviation and also a pilot licenses.

Pros of flight school : faster, might be cheaper.

Pros of a university : A degree and a pilot license upon graduation.
Cons : longer duration, expensive.

However, a degree is kinda very important in Southeast Asia. ( it's very competitive when applying for any job )

Therefore, would like to hear your advices! Thank you very much and appreciate it!

ash_ketchum
8th Jul 2015, 13:05
Get a university degree!

University is the best time in your life to discover yourself and explore your options in life. Also, it is a great time to meet many interesting friends and professors to understand more about the world other than aviation. :ok:

Plus, like you said, it is competitive in this world, and if you lack a degree you are pretty much heading into the work force on crutches. It also gives you a back up option in case piloting does not work out.

Enjoy your time in uni :)

Flying Mechanic
11th Jul 2015, 06:07
Do a degree and CPL /IR at the same time, I think university of South Australia offers such a course, and University of New South Wales.

MarckAnthonny
11th Jul 2015, 23:23
Do a degree and CPL /IR at the same time, I think university of South Australia offers such a course, and University of New South Wales.

Hello there,

Are you also doing the same path? Just wanna know how is it like.

Flying Mechanic
12th Jul 2015, 02:57
No, my path was aircraft engineer-bush pilot- twin engine charter-turboprop - corporate-airline-corporate......no more changes I hope! I think nowadays more companies/airlines require degrees. I work for a corporate company now and several of my work friends are doing distant learning degrees.