PDA

View Full Version : EASA ATPL - ground school necessary with CAASA ATP.

Bushbabe
7th Jul 2015, 11:30
Does anyone have experience with EASA ATPL whilst holding a CAASA ATPL?
I understand that all 14 subjects must be taken, but am I exempt from having to sit the full ground school?

paco
7th Jul 2015, 15:24
If you have a certain amount of multi-crew and you have a suitable type rating (forget the details off the top of my head) - full details in CAP 804 downloadable from the (UK) CAA web site.

Phil

2close
8th Jul 2015, 15:49
To be exempt the ground school you need to tick all of the boxes for issue of the EASA ATPL (apart from the skills test):

Class 1 Medical
ICAO Annex 1 ATPL with current Type Rating for an EASA recognised multi-pilot aircraft
Flying Experience (as below)

1,500 hours of total flight time in aeroplanes, including at least:

(a) 500 hours in multi-pilot operations on aeroplanes

500 hours as Pilot in Command (PIC) under supervision; or
250 hours as PIC; or
250 hours, including at least 70 hours as PIC, and the remaining as PIC under supervision

(b) 200 hours of cross-country flight time of which at least 100 hours shall be as PIC or as PIC under supervision;

(c) 75 hours of instrument time of which not more than 30 hours may be instrument ground time; and

(d) 100 hours of night flight as PIC or co-pilot.

Of the 1,500 hours of flight time, up to 100 hours of flight time may have been completed in a Full Flight Simulator (FFS) and Flight Navigation Procedures Trainer (FNPT). Of these 100 hours, only a maximum of 25 hours may be completed in an FNPT.

You must have completed this flying experience before you can take the skills test for the ATPL (A).

This link may help:

Apply for the ATPL(A) Licence | Commercial Pilots | Personal Licences and Training (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=2725&pagetype=65&appid=54&mode=detail&appproc=63)