PDA

View Full Version : new cargo carrier

TOWTEAMBASE
4th Jul 2015, 21:32
Hearing rumours of a new cargo outfit starting up soon that has ties with Volga and ABC, UK reg 744s ? Sounds like GSS all over again to me ?

Flightmech
5th Jul 2015, 10:51
GSS have line trained ABC crews in the past?

TOWTEAMBASE
6th Jul 2015, 00:03
Hmmm so maybe then ?

GMH
6th Jul 2015, 08:52
The new company is not linked to GSS, but the Russians have recruited a number of ex-GSS management & staff already.

TOWTEAMBASE
6th Jul 2015, 12:07
So it is true, will they be based in the UK for defo ?

GMH
6th Jul 2015, 13:41
Assuming they get their AOC etc, they will be based at STN.

Flightmech
6th Jul 2015, 14:31
I didn't think there were many members of former GSS management left there, if any? all in other jobs. Maybe some on the Ops side.

GMH
6th Jul 2015, 19:57
They joined the new venture once GSS finally lost their AOC.

I hear that some earlier leavers (mainly Ops/Engineering) are being sounded out as to their availability. Many of them found other roles after leaving GSS but not all were happy with their new jobs either due to location or employer so are considering this new venture.

A lot of good people were made redundant when GSS lost the BA contract. I hope this new venture gets off the ground (no pun intended) and as many of those guys & girls as possible get jobs at STN again.

Intruder
6th Jul 2015, 20:12
Last reports I saw were that GSS retained the AOC by claiming possession of a couple 777s that Titan Leasing flowed through GSS on their way to other legitimate lessees.

Did they finally surrender the AOC? I don't see them in the current CAA list of AOCs...

GMH
6th Jul 2015, 20:38
The AOC was surrendered in Feb or March this year I believe.

As far as I understand, the 777s were never on GSS's AOC as they were never operated by GSS.

According to Companies House records, GSS has moved to a different office in the same building as they used to be. They still exist as a company but no longer as an airline.

Tank2Engine
7th Jul 2015, 08:38
Heard a rumour about AirBridgeCargo thinking about either an AMS or STN base. Those 20 747-8F's that Volga Dnepr (the parent company of ABC) apparently bought at the Paris airshow need to go somewhere I guess.

On the other hand, at the moment the deal looks far from certain: Volga-Dnepr order for 20 Boeing 747-8 Freighters is not as firm as thought - CargoForwarder Global (http://www.cargoforwarder.eu/2015/07/01/volga-dnepr-order-for-20-boeing-747-8-freighters-is-not-as-firm-as-thought/)

The problem seems to be the financing part of the deal, more particularly the fact that the charter for the ExIm Bank was not renewed by the US Congress.

Cliff Secord
8th Jul 2015, 15:52
GMH

Is this reported anywhere? I can't find any reference looking online. I've heard word of mouth myself on the Chinese whispers vine ABC were looking at some sort of STN operation but knowing Chinese whispers etc...

soycowboy
9th Jul 2015, 01:21
So, now the Chinese are involved?

GMH
9th Jul 2015, 05:50
No, nothing has been reported yet but limited companies have been established, an office at STN is occupied (with minimal staff at present) and some recruitment is commencing, mainly via litle black books but also annonymously via agencies.

I doubt anything will be confirmed publically until approvals & permissions are much closer to being a reality. They are still a way off getting airborne.

GMH
14th Jul 2015, 13:37
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/213/2169.pdf

Tank2Engine
15th Jul 2015, 10:10
Volga Dnepr sets up new UK firm: AirBridgeCargo eyes UK routes with Volga-Dnepr company (http://theloadstar.co.uk/airbridgecargo-eyes-routes-to-the-us-as-volga-dnepr-group-sets-up-new-uk-firm/)