PDA

View Full Version : FOC's not FOC's

plainpilot11
4th Jul 2015, 15:27
What happened? Since when has there been a "base fare" to FOC's? Tax, of course, we all have to pay taxes on everything. But now we have a "base fare"? Sounds like we need to start calling them something else besides FOC's, as they're anything but free. What a cheap, stingy company, charging an arm and a leg for their employees to travel on the airline we run on a day to day basis. Time to write an email. Again.

oriental flyer
5th Jul 2015, 22:56
And you are surprised ... WHY?

Pathos
6th Jul 2015, 09:35
It's annoying that whilst on Yammer one is unable to acknowledge an outstanding roster change notification. It's annoying to have to go back to Crew Direct. Perhaps the IT team at CX could implement this improvement to Yammer.

Yonosoy Marinero
6th Jul 2015, 14:16
Were you foolish enough to believe that "Free Of Charge" meant free of charge to you?

It means free of charge for the company.
I'm surprised they haven't started to deduct them from our profit share to make them even freer of charge, for that matter...

Intrax
6th Jul 2015, 16:43
Hkg security tax or navigation tax for some countries will appear on base fare column. Since 2012, after booking class realignment by the revenue dept, foc 'o' class should have same priority as the lowest revenue class but it's a B## ! The system would not confirm most of the HOT flights even 6 months ahead eventhough the flight is widely open unless you know someone at Rev dept for help:ok:

mngmt mole
6th Jul 2015, 16:47
They messed up a family holiday two years ago, cancelling a FOC at the last minute. Let's just say that I made sure my next family holiday had me present for the 3 weeks planned..in spite of any 'scheduling' conflicts. Mess about with your staff to that degree and you get what you deserve as a company. I wonder why CX has the highest sick rate amongst pilots in the industry? :ugh:

Intrax
6th Jul 2015, 17:05
If your FOC is confirmed & they pulled you out at boarding gate, some silly may tell you, NO protection made, NO hotel arrangements, just go out & standby for next flight. Again, it's a B##L ! Go check in at Regal Airport, who cares whatever walk in full rate and get reimbursement from Benefits services centres. FOC has the same treatment as Full Fare pax. Keep all your boarding passes & receipts.