PDA

View Full Version : preparation before type rating ?

josh121.5
3rd Jul 2015, 18:43
hello everyone ,
i will be starting my A320 type rating next month , So i would like to know what all preparation is needed before i start the training that would make me understand and perform well during the TR ? any specific topics i need to revise ? any help in this regard is very much appreciated :ok: thanks in advance !

too_much
4th Jul 2015, 05:25
What is your background? Is it your first jet rating? do you have just flight school hours or are you expetinced?

If you are doing the type rating straight out of flight training I would recommend doing a JOC first to familiarize yourself with the jet environment and working as a multi crew pilot.

Saying that it is not mandatory.

Let me know your background

skip_distance
18th Aug 2018, 13:58
Hello,

I find myself in a similar situation as the thread starter. I should be leaving for my TR in about two weeks time from now. Needless to say I'm excited and nervous. Conversations with the been-there-done that-ers has led me to believe its best to go prepared. I've only flown single engines before and whatever M.E experience i have is limited to the Seneca. The transition from flying propeller driven dinkys to the medium sized jet can get overwhelming,especially where you need to be one step ahead of the plane,perhaps two or three at all times. I've been told procedures/flow are important. I'm also looking at a lot of CBT's-courtesy youtube. In my possession, I also have an FCOM which is expansive and ming boggling. I'm looking for any tips and tricks off the bat that'd help with a smooth transition. All your inputs shall be received with thanks :)

regards.

Banana Joe
18th Aug 2018, 14:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aix7kIL29o&list=PLpNS2WzxM5y3OusY7avYQoSHxANNmNZHj

Enjoy.

skip_distance
18th Aug 2018, 15:00
Thanks !

I was watching these some time ago, presentation is old school and outdated :(

I think this guy does a better job at explaining the basic functionalities. He's a non-pilot I assume.

Pprune wont allow me to post url's since im < 10 posts old, ubt for those who're interested Doofer911 has an entire playlist of A320 aerosoft tutorials on youtube that are really informative.

skip_distance
18th Aug 2018, 15:46
I have a job, just not at an airline as a pilot :(
Unfortunately here in India the concept of a company sponsored type doesn’t exist. Well atleast not for low hour cpl cadets such as myself. The self sponsored rating is a window of opportunity to get the foot in the door. Certainly helps with cutting out competition in a country as populated as mine. That being said it’s safe to assume that a job isn’t guaranteed after doing so.

It’s the same bunch of videos I guess, but they’re a help for sure :)

Chesty Morgan
18th Aug 2018, 18:05
Just turn up. You’ll be taught the stuff you need to know.

skip_distance
19th Aug 2018, 04:45
Just turn up. You’ll be taught the stuff you need to know.

yeh yeh, #1 on my list of things to do .