PDA

View Full Version : Business aviation and commuting in Asia

bringbackthe80s
30th Jun 2015, 07:41
Hi all

as far as I see in most business aviation jobs you have to be available most of the times, sometimes there is no roster at all even if in reality you would know about a trip a few days in advance (depending on the company I guess).

If anyone flying in Asia would like to share their experience, is it possible to commute with a business aviation job? Any company allows that? maybe basing you somewhere and then flying you to the aircraft with an airline (like Netjets does).
I was hoping in the future to be lucky enough to get an Airbus business jet job say in Hong Kong, would that be a possible scenario?

Please excuse my ignorance, I 've only ever been in the airlines...

Thanks very much

Flying Mechanic
30th Jun 2015, 16:53
I sent you a PM.

Basically theres little commuting going on amongst the corp operators in HK, I know of 2 or 3 cases out of all the 10 operators. It's a case of persuading the owners. Asia has along way to go in that respect, it's not like the USA / Middle East where u see 2 weeks on /off or 18 on 12 off, would be good if it changes.

McMax
1st Jul 2015, 09:44
Would you mind to share your information here or send me the pm as well, Flying Mechanic?

FrankR
1st Jul 2015, 15:29
I know 3 guys on one account, and one guy on another account who can sneak off the island. The three have convinced their owner to let them cover the schedule as they see fit, and the one guy gets 48 hours notice prior to flight time. So they can sometimes escape home.

You should know that you will instantly fail an interview at any of the operators if you ask if commuting is an option...

FR

Klimax
1st Jul 2015, 15:57
Again.. the best will just go somewhere else and the operators will be left with the ones who accepts the terms.. It's really that simple.