PDA

View Full Version : Vale Charlie Mogg

Mainframe
30th Jun 2015, 06:31
Charlie Mogg recently passed away, funeral at Wynnum, Brisbane, Wed 1st July.

Charlie was until retirement chief pilot for GAM, also a CFI, and former CASA FOI.

he touched the lives of numerous pilots and mentored them for the next stage of their career.

RIP Charlie

Capt Fathom
30th Jun 2015, 07:05
Very practical man.

He did my Initial Instrument test in '79, and numerous renewals thereafter.

I may be mistaken, but I seem to recall he may have been one of the first non ex-military pilots to gain a Grade A Instructors' Rating, before he joined the Department.

Frank Arouet
30th Jun 2015, 07:52
Charles was a nice man. Helpful in the extreme for grass roots aviation and a model of what a good FOI should emulate. I last heard from him when he left our regulator. I think he brought a cement truck. He would cut quiet a figure on his motor bike. (can't remember, but I think it was a BMW). A lot of people in the North Burnett owe him a debt of gratitude for his efforts in establishing and furthering their flying training. RIP Charles.

megle2
30th Jun 2015, 08:55
Funeral 11am at Hemmant

Always approachable and professional
Spoke to him earlier this year and didn't realise he had such a battle ahead

RIP Charlie, my highest respects to you

BEACH KING
30th Jun 2015, 09:17
Very sad to hear of Charlie's passing.
Shared quite a bit of cockpit time with this great Australian aviator.
No matter if I was training, doing a renewal, or just bumming a lift to Brisbane.. I always enjoyed Charlie's company, humor. knowledge and mentoring immensely.
A truly great bloke who will be sorely missed. Great to have known you Charlie.:ok:

Tinstaafl
1st Jul 2015, 05:37
Oh. He did my Class 4 instrument aka Night VFR flight test in the early/mid '80s. Some years later I ended up teaching his son.

RIP.

TwoFiftyBelowTen
1st Jul 2015, 09:37
I owed him a sincere apology from something that occurred 25 years ago. I never did deliver it, which saddens me. Would have never been a misunderstanding if I'd actually known you, Charles.

Metro man
1st Jul 2015, 11:50
Worked for Jetcraft for a while too.

RIP