PDA

View Full Version : Hello to the group

alltorque
13th Jun 2002, 02:18
Hi all,

This is probably unnecessary but as an avid user of NewsGroups and Forums I always feel compelled to introduce myself properly.

I have lurked here in years gone by - actually, posted questions about learning (CPL(H)) in Sydney Australia some time ago.

Well I am back there! or rather here! In the last year or so I have gotten right into Radio Control Helicopters and learnt more than I thought I would - been in all sorts of situations (or rather watched them happen to the heli) ground resonance, ring state, loss of tail authority, autorotations etc, and also seen the helicopter capable of full 3D flight - power to weight etc!

All this and much fixed wing aerobatic flying has left me back where i started - wanting to go for it - so I guess I'm still All Talk but once I muster my finances I will begin converting my PPL to PPL(H) and eventually begin the road to CPL.

Currently an avid aerobatic pilot and 4x4 jeep nut on weekends but a computer consultant during the week keeps the dream alive!

I'll probably continue to lurk here but I just wanted to re-join the community because I know how much these forums have to offer.

Cheers all and safe and successful flying to all!

Will