PDA

View Full Version : D-cat instructor limitations?

Kopity
28th Jun 2015, 07:14
Hi everyone. I was always under the impression that a D-Cat who holds multi instruction privelages is still NOT allowed to provide someone with their first multi type rating?

Once a candidate has their first multi rating from say an A-Cat multi, they can then go to a D-Cat and gain a subsequent multi rating in a new type. However can't find this anywhere in part 61.305 or AC61-18.

The AC says the D-Cat may provide instruction to a license holder so obviously no student pilot training, but can't see this "first multi" restriction.

Can anyone provide reference to anywhere this limitation or other D-Cat restrictions that aren't in my references above are listed?

Cheers

27/09
28th Jun 2015, 21:54
I'm not sure where it's written in the rules but a D Cat cannot do ab-initio training and I think an initial multi rating is classed as such.

I think you'll find the D Cat endorsement on the licence states no ab-initio or initial multi training.

Kopity
28th Jun 2015, 23:02
Thanks. I notice in the FTSG for a D cat it is talking about subsequent type under multi so it does seem to be the rule