PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet

Psr777
13th Jun 2002, 00:03
Apparently there is about to be a BIG announcement from EasyJet regarding it's UK main hub. Luton is to be scaled back whilst Gatwick will become the main base. All office staff will move to LGW in the coming months, with EasyJet becoming the largest scheduled operator out of LGW within a year.

Is there also a move of terminal on the cards?

If this is old info, sorry but I just heard about it, anyone have anything more on it?:confused:

Cat-Club
13th Jun 2002, 00:09
They could always move into the BEEHIVE :p

VIKING9
13th Jun 2002, 01:56
er, John F Kennedy, Newark, Bradley - well, that's 3...:rolleyes:

LTN man
13th Jun 2002, 05:42
If true then why have easyjet put in a planning application to expand easyland at Luton. :D :D :D

Buster the Bear
13th Jun 2002, 09:21
Eric the 'easy' bear tells me that the combined phone sales/customer service for easy and Go will be in easyLand. Management facilities are being sought elsewhere, probably between Luton and Stansted.

Any move too far away from Luton/Stansted would require considerable additional costs to relocate employees.

Reduced passenger through put at Luton would cause the airport charges to rise, the more they pass through, the cheaper they become.

The big problem for the combined easy-Go group is finding additional usable slots at Gatwick and Stansted, both are very rare, temper this against the public statement that the local transport infrastructure around Luton will not support massive expansion of services from Luton in the medium term. You have a dilema.

easy expect to fly 400,000 pax between Luton and Paris in the first 12 months of operation, sales are going very well, so it would make real business acumen to withdraw flights from Luton Bearport!

LTN man
13th Jun 2002, 17:30
I was talking to the council planning officer yesterday. Start date for the new dual carriageway into the airport is next year with a completion date of 2005. Once complete it will be dual carriageway all of the way from the M1 to the Ibis hotel.:)

no sig
16th Jun 2002, 23:33
Tis all speculation at this point, no decisions have been made to date regarding the location of any of the combined airline facilites. As for LGW, think it through and I think you'll find a relocation there makes no sense, however, it will continue to grow as a major base in the future.

World Traveller
18th Jun 2002, 10:02
The difference with Luton is that there was very little scheduled flying going from there before easyJet. The two that spring to mind, Ryanair and Monarch, are still there. Even Ryanair pulled a load of flights from LTN about 10 years ago. Just rememebred, I will concede the airport lost its daily BRAL flight to BHD. Big shame that!

There always seemed to be rumours of someone trying to fly domestic schedules from LTN but never came to anything.

Whilst easyJet is undoubtedly Luton's airline saviour, would I be right in guessing the airport makes its money from the corporate aircraft movements there?

WT
<In light of Capt PPRuNe's statement, JUST A PUNTER>

Desk Driver
19th Jun 2002, 07:38
Always wondered if London was big enough to support 4 major international airports.

When 3 of them are only single runway operations it is!