PDA

View Full Version : Garmin Support???????

Sunfish
23rd Jun 2015, 10:44
I was looking at a Garmin solution for radios, GPS, Adsb, etc., specifically the GTN 6-- series and attachments for my experimental, about $12,000. An expensive backup for the Dynon, but hey! It gives me a compliant ADSb out source a certified radio and GPS source and a backup moving map.

1. Failure of sales staff to even notice a potential customer at Avalon.

2. This weeks failure of any customer service response to my Garmin Nuvi road navigator (I bought European maps for next weeks trip to Italy but cannot download and install).

Result: If they cannot support their retail road product, then what hope have I got with their aviation product, seeing that I'm not a business jet?

Guess what Garmin? I allocate you the same customer support rating as Microsoft. No further sales…ever.

FoolCorsePich
23rd Jun 2015, 11:16
Somebody call the whaaaambulance.

Sunfish
23rd Jun 2015, 11:34
Whammbulance? No. No spend. neither should anyone else.

peterc005
23rd Jun 2015, 11:46
The reality of modern technical support for consumer electronics is that you have to hit Google and do it yourself.

Your best bet for Garmin Avionics is to chat with a local deal or an Avionics LAME.

Squawk7700
23rd Jun 2015, 12:18
So you're gonna spend $12k on ADSB for that 80 knot home built of yours?

morno
23rd Jun 2015, 13:58
Squawk from all of Sunnies posts over the last few years about his home build, it sounds like that thing's going to be more decked out than my 'Bus.

Talk about over complicating things and expecting the world from everyone.... :rolleyes: